Options

Taking it next Tuesday **UPDATE PASSED**

Hello everybody,

I'll be taking the 70-270 next week. I keep reading it's easy to underestimate, I hope I'm not overestimating it, as I've been delaying it for weeks now. This forum (together with Microsoft's second chance voucher) has been very helpful in convincing me to get it done now, thank you all.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    amp2030 wrote:
    I hope I'm not overestimating it...

What's the worse that could happen, you get a perfect score?

Good luck and welcome to the forums! :D
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Well a perfect score would keep him out of the 700s club with us cool guys. :)
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    I'm a 700's kind of guy so far too. :D
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    morpheousmorpheous Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TravR1 wrote:
    I'm a 700's kind of guy so far too. :D

i'm assuming that the only cert you have is network+ as its in your certification field,that being said your 700 in network+ would'nt apply to 70-270 as ms and comptia score their exams differently. icon_confused.gif

not trying to shoot you down my friend,just thought you did'nt know they they was referring to the MS 70-270 exam and not a network+ comptia exam. icon_wink.gif
    Programmers Do Not Throw Salty Pretzels Away
  • Options
    hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    i thought i was a 700's kind of guy until i got a 952 today. I was shocked. The school i attend has excellent instructors and study material. I could have aced it if i studied. Need assistance? let me know PM.
  • Options
    someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    amp2030 wrote:
    Hello everybody,

I'll be taking the 70-270 next week. I keep reading it's easy to underestimate, I hope I'm not overestimating it, as I've been delaying it for weeks now. This forum (together with Microsoft's second chance voucher) has been very helpful in convincing me to get it done now, thank you all.

Good luck! You make sure to get a good nights rest the night before.When you take it feel confident about yourself and don't get nervous. You'll do fine homie... now go ace the thing so you can move up the ladder :D
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It's always better to overestimate than underestimate. Good luck no Tuesday, let us know how it went. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Good luck on your test.

If you haven't, make sure you go over the tech notes on this site for a good review.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    Thanks for all the good wishes everyone, I passed it with a 968. I guess I didn't overestimate it too much and the worst (perfect score) didn't happen icon_lol.gif, but at least I won't be attending any 700s club meetings icon_cool.gif... for now.

For those about to take it: I found the test a bit less detailed than the TestOut practice exams, and on par with the Self-Paced Training Kit practice questions. Having used XP since it came out did help a lot, as did the excellent tech notes provided on this site for review.

On to the next one, either 290 or 620, not yet sure, I will post more on this topic on the general MCSA/E forum.
  • Options
    ZerubbZerubb Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for the info regarding testout and the measure-up questions included with the self-paced study guide. I'm studying both.