Options

Books for Network+

junbugjunbug Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just pass my A+ and I wanted to get started with my Network+.........What is(are) some good book(s) i can use????

Comments

• Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    junbug wrote:
    I just pass my A+ and I wanted to get started with my Network+.........What is(are) some good book(s) i can use????

Try this one...

Network+ Certification All in One (Big gold book)
    ISBN# 0072131640
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    I used the Sybex book and it was good enough. The practice tests included on the CD-ROM are much harder than the actual test though, so don't put much stock in them.

If you have a lot of experience in networking, you could probably pass by just reading the TechNotes. I wouldn't recommend it, but I know some people have done it.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Ten9t6 wrote:
    ISBN# 0072131640

I agree. All-In-One Network+ Exam Guide, by Michael Meyers is the only guide I used. However, I would recommend a second guide because no exam guide is complete in itself. And, supplement your guides with the world of info that you can find on the Internet--especially the Notes and practice exams here on TechExams.

Best of luck.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Ten9t6 wrote:
    junbug wrote:

Try this one...

ISBN# 0072131640

Agreed also. I used that plus the Passport book he writes.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Exam cram2 and Michael Myers are both top notch!
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I used Exam Cram2 to touch up on some facts.
  • Options
    TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    I used the Sybex book, coupled with Mike Meyers passport for easy train reading, and the Tech Notes here. They pretty much covered everything in enough detail that I had no problems with the exam itself
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • Options
    BigLouBigLou Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Go to amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com and read the reviews on various books. Like many have recommend here. Mike Meyers all in 1 book gets a great rating over at amazon.

If I decide to go for the N+ instead of the CCNA im going to purchase his book. But im going to wait until august when the 4th edition comes out.

Good luck.