Options

How long does it take for the CCNA to be renewed after pass

GeorgecooldudeGeorgecooldude Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my BSCI exam last Friday. Just wondering how long it takes for my CCNA to show its new renewal date?

At the moment its still showing the original value with around 1 year left. Shouldn't it reset back to 3 years left from the moment I pass the BSCI?

Maybe I just need to wait a little longer? Perhaps someone with experience of this can advise. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Give it a week or so and if your CCNA hasn't updated, hit up the online certification support. The link should be on the certification tracking site somewhere (or on the Cisco Certification web pages).

Double check that the certification tracking site has your BSCI pass listed, and double check the history views to make sure they have the exam dates right.

With the new company running the certification tracking site for Cisco, I had some, but not all Certs get updated once and had to use support to get it fixed. I did my exam on a Saturday and had some certs expiring on Sunday. While they ran the update after the cert expiration date, the exam date was before the expiration date. They did go back and fixed the certifications that didn't update properly.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mine has always shown as renewed 1-2 days after I passed.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    Mine took only a couple of days as well but I waited a lot longer than you to renew my CCNA only 2 months left before it expired.
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It may take longer now since they have started doing that "Preliminary Score Report" thing
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    GeorgecooldudeGeorgecooldude Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just noticed that the test centre assigned me a new CSCO ID. Just great. I even entered my old ID when I registered the exam.

I tried the cisco support website. Doesn't let me create an account says my emails exist. Tried doing a password reset and says the emails don't exist. Tried the online support which just forwards back to the login page once you've filled out the entire form.

Guess I'll have to do an international call. icon_sad.gif