Options

ONT test

romainromain Member Posts: 222
Hello all,

I just passed the ONT test last friday. This test ends my CCNP quest started in january 2007.
I'd like to thank this forum for all nice topics and sorry to be a bit too passive member.
To fix this, here is my feedback about the exam.
First, my global opinion about this cert, is quite easy. I'm working for an ISP and QoS is a daily concern. This part was quite simple for me although we never configure devices with AutoQos. We cannot afford such a risk... But it's good to know the features and mechanism.
Second part, Wireless. It is still a weak area for me. I'm not used to deploy and workwith. But I focussed on theoritical aspect. If you know much about it, it's all sufficient.
I'll post some links I used during my preparing in a few time. (Just the time to tidy my bookmarks ;))
See you and enjoy your studies
CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Since you're working for an ISP...... hey, you already have the CCIP! :D What took you so long to get your CCNP?!?! icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Thanks Mike.

It took me "a long time" because I prepare my tests on weekends and I have to mix this with a social life :)

In fact, during these two years, I passed my professional levels (ccdp,ccip and ccnp). Which is a good challenge, isn't it ?

See you!
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • Options
    _maurice_maurice Member Posts: 142
    very nice. congratulations! are you going to go for a CCSP next?
  • Options
    It's now time for R&S written preparation. I hope it could be nailed for Christmas :D

Let's see !
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations, not only on passing the ONT, but on all your accomplishments this year! :D
    Good luck on the CCIE written, too. Does that mean we might see you head towards the lab sometime next year?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    thanks Slowhand.

I hope I can book an attempt by end 2009, maybe oct/nov.
    I'm lucky to have a full rack to prepare at work so I think it could be done within a year.
    Let's see ;)
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!! those are huge accomplishments.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    WOW... NP, DP, and IP, in under two years. I gotta pick up the pace. Nicely done bro.

And yeah, throw up the links you used... that would be great.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    Here it is ;)

It's not an exhaustive list, but just a few things to know as everyone as a different technical background.
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the NP!!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!

Good luck on the future endeavors!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    Great Job! and great advice.