Options

how to connect switch to another switch w/ picture

masteredisonmasteredison Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
how to connect switch to another switch

this is the configuration:

there is 1 server and 1 switch connected to it then 10 computers connected to that switch

then there is another 1 server and 1 switch connected to it then 10 computers connected to that switch..a total of 4 server, 4 switches and 40 computers

please...help..thnx Y_Y..
[/b]

once i open 1 pc>desktop>web browser i cant access the page i made from the other servers, the same with the other PC's

"Host Name Unresolved" - error

download the file here(.PKT)
http://www.uploadbigfiles.net/download.php?file=280PEX.pkt

this is how it looks:

25107847dr5.jpgicon_cry.gif

Comments

• Options
    penguinkingpenguinking Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I believe you're missing a layer 3 device, be it a layer 3 switch or a router. At least I don't see one, that is.
  • Options
    RojeRoje Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

Well, if all computers, included servers are in the same subnet things should work. But error you have refer to DNS or name resolution problem. Advice, use a vlans and layer 3 router. For more detail I should have more input.

Regards
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how to connect switch to another switch

there is 1 server and 1 switch connected to it then 10 computers connected to that switch

then there is another 1 server and 1 switch connected to it then 10 computers connected to that switch..a total of 4 server, 4 switches and 40 computers

Actually, your network operates fine. IPv4 is running just fine and all the components are communicating with each other.

once i open 1 pc>desktop>web browser i cant access the page i made from the other servers, the same with the other PC's

"Host Name Unresolved" - error

The reason why the host name cannot be resolved is the host computers need to be configured with the IP address of the DNS server to resolve domain names to IP addresses. Once that is fixed, then you'll be able to access the web pages via a domain name.

http access via IP address works fine.
    http://ip_address_of_server

Your packet tracer file looks so much better than the uploaded picture. Haha... Keep up the studies, but don't over complicate your labs. Stick to the subject material discussed in the lab scenarios if you're using them.

Evan Lieb wrote:
    I believe you're missing a layer 3 device, be it a layer 3 switch or a router. At least I don't see one, that is.

For a LAN such as this, a L3 device is not necessary if communication is isolated to within the LAN. It all depends on the network. I'm sure that he'll want to expand that to include L3 devices later. This lab can be easily used for VLSM. His current configuration has the network as a simple network 223.255.255.0 /24. This can be easily converted to a lab for VLAN by implementing ROAS (Router On A Stick) configuration.
  • Options
    masteredisonmasteredison Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thnx mamono,,, :D:D:D:D