Options

Recommended **** sheet for icnd2?

chimera82chimera82 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
And by **** sheet I mean things you write down before the test (thought I was talking a brain **** huh icon_wink.gif ) I know I'd use the binary table but other than that, I can't think of much I'd want to have on paper during the test. I know I don't know everything so the only thing I can think of is I'm forgetting something easily forgotten.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sometimes I'd have my "last minute review in the car before going into the exam" sheet. Some of the things I didn't like or had no interest in remembering (like EIGRPs Administrative Distance since I was an old UNIX RIP/OSPF/BGP guy) would go on that.

Then some of those things would go on my marker sheets along with my "emergency backup brain freeze subnetting chart."

I used the Cisco Press Flash Cards (and Practice Exams) for the CCNP and CCSP -- so "annoying things" from that went on my "last minute review in the car before going into the exam" sheet...

But as it turns out, the only thing I ever used that I had written down was something I jotted during the exam when a question jogged my memory. When I got a question that used my "note" I did look at my "note" -- but it was something I knew and remembered. :D

Don't waste too much time planning a complex note sheet -- if you forget something or freeze up dumping your notes, that could blow your nerves for the exam and cause you to fail.

The most useful thing I ever did with my note sheets was write down the number of questions and time for the exam.... and then maybe the question number and current time (or time remaining) so I could do some quick time management and check my progress during the exam. At a minimum I'd jot down the info after a SIM and the "halfway" question and do a quick time check.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I usually jot down any quick concepts that I have a tendency to get mixed up. When I took the CCNA I believe I wrote down the Administrative distances, and default metrics, because I would get them mixed up. Don't think I used them.

Now I use the sheets more for drawing out topologies, so I can see the problem a bit more clearly. Especially on sims!! Use the sheet for sure.
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wonder if anyone would like to post theirs to TE, add all the quality points into one, and then stick the final result so that it can become a study tool as well. Anything that is used as a quick reference starts to get ingrained in the mind after constant usage and review.
  • Options
    Project2501Project2501 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have you checked out Stretch's site.

http://packetlife.net/cheatsheets/
    - Pete
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□

Very nice, I didn't know about this. Thank you for sharing. :D They look like great reference material. :D
  • Options

bingo. thanks.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mamono wrote:

Very nice, I didn't know about this. Thank you for sharing. :D They look like great reference material. :D

+1 I'm reviewing for ICND2 at the moment, and these will come in handy. Thanks!
  • Options
    So just passed ICND2. When I say I had 1 second left when I clicked next on the final question, I'm not joking. Got stumped on the sim for about 15 minutes. When I finally gave up on it, I had 5 minutes to go for 6 questions and the next one was a multi part one. I honestly don't even know what the last 3 questions were since I had time to read the answers and guess which one sounds like it might be right for a question I made up in my head.

So color me surprised when I saw I made 945/1000.

The only stuff I ended up writing down was the subnet chart just because it is so useful and saves me some time (which I ended up needing apparently).
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job, congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

On to BSCI then? ;)
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! You must have done pretty well besides the end there so I would be happy with the results!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    chimera82 wrote:
    I honestly don't even know what the last 3 questions were since I had time to read the answers and guess which one sounds like it might be right for a question I made up in my head.
    Wow!! For some reason I just find this funny! icon_lol.gif

That SIM could have been an "ungraded question" they were trying out before adding it into the exam test pool. But if you did type in some commands (and it was a graded SIM) you may have earned some partial credit on it.

It sounds like you may have had a Testlet or Simlet in there, which adds an unexpected scary twist to your story :D

You may have just scanned the question as you jumped through the answers for those last 3 questions... but we'll never know if you added points with those last question or lost points. Talk about an exciting down to the wire photo finishe!! icon_eek.gif

The important things -- in order of importance -- are that you passed, you did well, you learned first hand (and passed that information along to others) how important time management on the exams is, and you amused us with a exam story that had a happy ending. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, and welcome to the CCNA club. Sounds like the last-minute scribble-sheet helped.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Yeah the sim wasn't that hard. I know I fixed some stuff and it was probably just one more command to get it all working. On the drive home I think I figured out what I forgot to do. I have some stuff to take care of over the next couple of months but I'll probably start CCNP studying early next year. I know why they don't do it but I wish you could go back and see which questions you got right and wrong.
  • Options
    Slowhand wrote:
    Congratulations on the pass, and welcome to the CCNA club. Sounds like the last-minute scribble-sheet helped.

I ended up not writing anything from the packetlife website down but I did review it before I went in. Helped me on a few questions that's for sure.