Options

New Job Offer!

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
I just heard back from Time Warner Telecom and they offered me the position! I was actually waiting to hear back from them to setup a face to face interview but they decided to forgo that step and offered me the job. Guess the second interview went well :)

I'm looking at going from 47k to 88k, not a bad jump in salary if I do say so myself :D
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats and nice jump in pay!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I can't imagine getting such a drastic salary increase...I wouldn't know what to do with the extra cash! (Actually, I would, but you know what I mean...)
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Aldur wrote:
    I just heard back from Time Warner Telecom and they offered me the position! I was actually waiting to hear back from them to setup a face to face interview but they decided to forgo that step and offered me the job. Guess the second interview went well :)

I'm looking at going from 47k to 88k, not a bad jump in salary if I do say so myself :D

congrats!!! Maybe i missed something, but what happened with Qwest in MN?
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    macdudemacdude Member Posts: 173
    Dude that's awesome. Nice pay increase. Is someone buying techexams members a round of drinks? icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
    Dayum! very nice increase. I see you have a lot of Juniper experience, why weren't you in the 60k already?
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Nice one Aldur!! but what did happen with the job at Qwest?? Either way big congrats to you on that!!
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
  • Options
    jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on that man, way to go.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    snadam wrote:
    shednik wrote:
    but what did happen with the job at Qwest??

Wow, you guys. Way to have a hard time keeping up ;)

Congratulations, Aldur!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    The beer and pizza's on Aldur!! :D
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    shednik wrote:
    but what did happen with the job at Qwest??

Wow, you guys. Way to have a hard time keeping up ;)

Congratulations, Aldur!

Man, I just got back on the TE horse, leave me alone! :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Thanks for the congratz guys, and for those who didn't know the qwest job fell through due to the crappy economy, the job req was pulled.

lol, good point Andretii, the big reason there is that you really don't get paid all that well at jtac unless you've been there a while, I've only been there 1 1/2 years, 1/2 year on the SSL team and 1 year on the router team, plus it was my first networking job.

now i can finally put my focus back on studying for the IE :)

-Bender
  • Options
    iburrowsiburrows Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mate... Wow!!! what a salary increase.
    Now why cant i find a job like that icon_cry.gif

Ian
    "Trying to do today's jobs in IT with the tools we used for yesterdays IT jobs is madness"
  • Options
    iburrows wrote:
    Mate... Wow!!! what a salary increase.
    Now why cant i find a job like that icon_cry.gif

Ian

It sure is a good salary increase, but I am working with them to see if I can get a bump when I get my JNCIE and/or CSBS degree. I never thought the day would come that I would ask for more money when I was offered something like this :D

-Bender
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Congrats!!!

You might consider putting some of that new money into sound investments right off. If you never see it you won't miss it and with good investments and a nice chunk of change to start with you could so retire early. :P

Just a thought, but nice pay raise anyway.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    drainey wrote:
    You might consider putting some of that new money into sound investments right off. If you never see it you won't miss it and with good investments and a nice chunk of change to start with you could so retire early. :P

Especially with everything being bargain-priced right now icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    now that is a good paying job, but I bet it is a big responsibility wow!
    amazing...

I feel people who have MCSE and CCNP should be getting 80 plus
    freaking doctors do!(get more of course) and many managers and the like get better pay than IT
    (dont get me started) ahhah us IT folk have to work on many systems and are expected to knoow it all and it is a lot of work after hours and such we deaserve 75k plus

great job!
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    Holy Smokes!!! 87% increase in salary

Congrats!!
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    cbigbrick wrote:

Congrats!!

lol, i supposed it is a decent increase :)

However I did ask for a salary bump on top of that for when I pass my JNCIE and get my CSBS degree. They are getting back to me on that to see what they can do :D

-Bender
  • Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    That's a NICE jump in pay. Congrats!

Hope the new job works out.
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    Aldur wrote:
    cbigbrick wrote:

Congrats!!

lol, i supposed it is a decent increase :)

However I did ask for a salary bump on top of that for when I pass my JNCIE and get my CSBS degree. They are getting back to me on that to see what they can do :D

Are you staying in the Ogden area?? My parents were married at Hill AFB in 1964 and my uncles used to race down the main drag in Ogdon in the 70s. I still have some family on the area.

Becareful with the first paycheck because it will blow your mind!!!
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    cbigbrick wrote:
    Are you staying in the Ogden area?? My parents were married at Hill AFB in 1964 and my uncles used to race down the main drag in Ogdon in the 70s. I still have some family on the area.

Becareful with the first paycheck because it will blow your mind!!!

unfortunately I'll be moving, although it will be in Denver so it won't be that far from home.

And and can only imagine my first paycheck and how wonderful it will be :D

-Bender
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awesome job fella, keep us posted.

icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    drainey wrote:

Especially with everything being bargain-priced right now icon_eek.gif

Yep, I agree. I was going to wait until next year before the April deadline hit for my Roth but I decided to drop the $5K into my Roth right now due to the stock prices being so low. Perfect time to invest right now.

And congrats Aldur! Nice increase. You get to buy us all a round of beers!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    congrats on the new job..
  • Options
    learningtofly22learningtofly22 Member Posts: 159
    Congrats Aldur! I've watched your job hunt for a few months now, really happy to see that it's paid off for you!