Options

Passed 70-647

I passed this today with an 841.

I used transcender and the mspress book. I thought these were reasonably adequate for prep.

In general, this test was not as hard as I expected. The new format of the questions is very straight-forward, and nowhere near as tricky as for the 2003 track.

I would expect to see lots of questions on the new features of 2008, and incorporating them into a network design.

John

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint

Comments

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats .. I'll have my go in three weeks :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I am thinking of getting my mcse in 03 but i also want to venture onto server 08. How hard would you say the server 08 tests are compared to the server 03 tests? Is there less tests to take in the enterprise admin track then mcse?
  • Options
    cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
    Congrats on the pass! I am thinking of getting my mcse in 03 but i also want to venture onto server 08. How hard would you say the server 08 tests are compared to the server 03 tests? Is there less tests to take in the enterprise admin track then mcse?

Honestly, I would recommend getting your mcse and then upgrading to 2008. The upgrade path wasn't tremendously difficult. From what I have heard, the 2008 exams are less tricky than the 2003 track, though no less thorough. In terms of employability, MCSE is still the magic keyword, and i really dont see mcitp taking its place for awhile.

john

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks for the reply John I think thats what I will do. The upgrade like you said doesnt see, to bad. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    preecypreecy Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass ;)
    I'm sitting this at the end of the month. Assuming i pass i'll finally completed the mcse>mcitp:ea upgrade/exams.
    next up SharePoint... what's that all about!
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops