Options

Ping problem??

jam_mackjam_mack Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi team,

I have been watching your site for a while and have found it very helpful, i am currently studing towards the CCNA exam.

The problem is i have a 2504 router connected via serial to a 1603 router, whose ethernet port is connected to my computer.

The problem is i am unable to ping from my 2504 to my computer although i an ping from 1603 to both items, i have configured router rip and still no joy, any ideas would be appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    jam_mack wrote:
    Hi team,

I have been watching your site for a while and have found it very helpful, i am currently studing towards the CCNA exam.

The problem is i have a 2504 router connected via serial to a 1603 router, whose ethernet port is connected to my computer.

The problem is i am unable to ping from my 2504 to my computer although i an ping from 1603 to both items, i have configured router rip and still no joy, any ideas would be appreciated, thank you.

Ok..if I understand you correctly, your pc is connect to E0 on the 1603. When you issue a "Show Ip Route" on the 2504, do you see and entry for the network your pc is on? It sounds like one of your RIP Network statements may be entered in error. Can you tell me the IP address on each device and the pc?
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    jam_mackjam_mack Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cheers for the reply, but i found i hadn't set the gateway on the pc, simple mistakes i guess.

I am studying from an old 607 book, i know the differences are eigrp and ospf, any other major changes and where online can i get some more revision material, thanks.