Options

HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!

OneyOney Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
Please help is needed ASAP, just passed my Sec+ today and I am in for MCSA. where do I start, which one is better to take 1st and which one will give one MCP. I already went for the MS Classes with a training computer school.
Help pls

Comments

• Options
    Did I ask a dumb question? All u guys wait for is someone that comes out and says I passed, now I need suggestions on how to start my study on MCSA so I don't make mistake. I actually took my sec+ twice b4 i finally passed!
  • Options
    cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
    start with 70-620

all ms exams give you MCP

Search these forums for past posts on study materials, there have been plenty of suggestions made.

John

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint
  • Options
    Thanks man,
    So I went for the XP class, what should I do. Is that 70-620 replacing 70-270 or is it an option?
  • Options
    cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
    Oney wrote:
    Thanks man,
    So I went for the XP class, what should I do. Is that 70-620 replacing 70-270 or is it an option?

you can take the 270. The 620 is a little easier, and also applies to the 2008 certs.

either way, i would still start with the client exam.

john

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Yeah i would start with the 620 vista exam and then do the 290 and 291
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Oney wrote:
    Did I ask a dumb question? All u guys wait for is someone that comes out and says I passed, now I need suggestions on how to start my study on MCSA so I don't make mistake. I actually took my sec+ twice b4 i finally passed!

Sheeeesh, give everyone a chance it was only an hour after you posted your initial question icon_wink.gif

I'd agree with the others, start with the client exam first (I'd do the Vista MCTS 70-620 unless you have a need to do the XP one, because the Vista one counts towards the 2008 MCITP Enterprise Admin path and it's not too bad). Then do 70-290 and leave 70-291 for last as it's tricky and needs lots of attention.

Good luck.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Jamie132stJamie132st Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there,

I would say to start with the 70-270

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-270.mspx

The reason is because:

A: Most companies will continue to support Windows XP for awhile and therefore an in-depth knowledge is beneficial to you.

B: It is by far a harder exam to study for then the Vista exams, because they have broken vista into several different areas, where as the 70-270 is everything from deployment methods to supporting end user scenarios, you will learn the foundation for group policy in this exam which is vital for when you move onto the server exams.

C: After you complete your MCSA track then go for the vista course, that way you will have a better understanding of the important stuff related to a Microsoft environment and your server exams will be a lot smoother with the knowledge that you gain from the 70-270.

Ultimately it will be your decision, so good luck with your studies and the road you choose to take.
    Favorite Quote: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
  • Options
    Now I get it. 70-270 1st....
    Which books? Any sims?
    Will appreciate suggestions!
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Oney wrote:

I'd also like to point out this information is readily available on Microsoft's website, they way you asked it you made it look like you didn't feel like doing any research yourself.

But good luck to you on your path to MCSA...I'd personally take this path

70-270 or 620 depending on your experience
    70-290
    70-291 = MCSA