Options

question about network+

theICEtheICE Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey i just ordered the transcenders and i am passing for the network+ i was just wondering is the actual test harder or easier than the transcenders practice exams? thanks for the help

Comments

• Options
    K thanks i should of looked for that before asking. Also i have another question, i have been studying for the network+ and i have been using mike meyers all in one 2nd edition and it says that Appletalk protcol can not be routed, well on here it says it can, so which one would be correct?
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    The exam was honestly straight forward. Just a few hard scenerio questions in the middle!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The information in the TechNotes is correct.

As you can read in the TechNotes:

- the address format includes a network portion. (there is only a single reason for that...)
    - The AppleTalk protocol suite (v2, the current version)includes the following two routing protocols: Routing Table Maintenance Protocol (RTMP) and AppleTalk Update-based Routing Protocol (AURP). You can read in the TechNotes what they do... I didn't just make these up. ;)

Also:

- Almost all Cisco routers used to support AppleTalk. (here's a quick google result that shows how.)
    - Cisco used AppleTalk in many of their offices until years after most companies had switched to IPX/SPX or TCP/IP.
    - AppleTalk used to be common topic on the CCNA exam. (including the 640-507 I took long ago.)
  • Options
    k thanks :) i was not saying u was wrong just was wanting to know which one i should put down if i got a appletalk question on routing. but thanks for the fast replys :)
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You're welcome. :) I didn't mean to sound defensive, it is a common misconception so I wanted to be detailed.