Options

MCSA retirement quesiton + 1 other

So MCSA retires in March of 2009. Does that mean after that you can't do MCSA exams no more?

Suppose u have 3 done in march, u cant do ur last one to get the MCSA certification?

Also, is there no electives for MCSA 2003? Only MCSE?

Thanks
World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.

Comments

• Options
    M4verickM4verick Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello, I think you may be misinformed. I don't see that the MCSA 2003 is going to retire anytime soon. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx.

However, in March of 2008, the upgrade path exam (70-292) for MCSA 2000 to MCSA 2003 expired...
    Isn't it funny how after you have the certifications, you don't care about sharing them as much?
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Can you cite a ref on this one? I have not heard they were ending any of the exams for the MCSA?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think you're misinformed. Server 2008 hasn't even been out a year, and they only got rid of the 2000 exams this last year. It seems like they will always keep two tracks going. I don't think we're going to see the 2003 MCSA/E exams come to an end until the next interaction of the new MCITP:EA is out.
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i always laugh when i hear pplz talkin out of their @sses about when the MCP certifications are going to be retired...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    M4verick wrote:
    Hello, I think you may be misinformed. I don't see that the MCSA 2003 is going to retire anytime soon. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx.

However, in March of 2008, the upgrade path exam (70-292) for MCSA 2000 to MCSA 2003 expired...

Shoot, ur right. I misread that part. I thought it applied to the whole article. Didn't realize just one section.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    So you going to start in on the MCSA?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    VantageUKVantageUK Member Posts: 111
    Hi

One question...

I have A+/Network+, 70-210 and 70-290. So by completing 70-291 will I still be eligible for the MCSA 2003 qualification?

Thanks

Charlie.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    VantageUK wrote:
    I have A+/Network+, 70-210 and 70-290. So by completing 70-291 will I still be eligible for the MCSA 2003 qualification?

You're asking becaues 210 is retired? I think you should be good. Also, they still listed on MCSA requirements page: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx
  • Options
    VantageUKVantageUK Member Posts: 111
    That was what I was thinking, yes.

Am stuck in the middle of 70-291 (icon_sad.gif) and wondering whether to carry on with it, or go straight to CCNA.

The fact that it's only one more exam to earn my MCSA is keeping me motivated. But if that's not the case then...

Might give MS a quick ring.

Cheers.
  • Options
    dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    VantageUK wrote:
    That was what I was thinking, yes.

Am stuck in the middle of 70-291 (icon_sad.gif) and wondering whether to carry on with it, or go straight to CCNA.

The fact that it's only one more exam to earn my MCSA is keeping me motivated. But if that's not the case then...

Might give MS a quick ring.

Cheers.

Yes it is still valid.

My friend and colleague bertieb got his with the 70-210 as the client
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP