Options

CCNA exam Hope I don't know the results!!!

Abrown1966Abrown1966 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the 640-802 this morning. The score I received was 801 not the 825+ I wanted.

With 13 minutes and some change the scroll feature of the mouse hung up and I could not do anything. By the time this was corected, reboot the computer and restart the test from the point it stopped at, only 9 minutes remained. This question wasn't one, but 5. I completed that qestion and was on the next (a similator) typing the answer as time expired, leaving three questions of unknown complexity unseen and a total of four unanswered!!!!

Now I understand the posted sign at the centers entrance saying "NO WEAPONS ALLOWED!"

The center has requested that I be allowed to retake at no charge but now I wait a week to find out their answer to that request!!!!!

Meanwhile back in real life jobs are getting filled and I'm getting older!

If you want to know some of the question just ask, I'll be gald to answer using an unscientific varying Algorithm based upon varing unknow languages (basically random key strokes that will have no meaning LOL).

On a positive I do have the feed back from this test and I'm not starting from scratch.

Thanks for listening and if your intrested I'll let you know what they decide.

Alan

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I've had a similar thing happen when I was taking the CWNA (I failed it).

IMO, I think the testing center should pay for it. I don't think it should be questionable that you get to retake the exam at no cost to you, regardless of who pays for it, since things like this are out of our control.

If they were under our control, they would work! icon_wink.gif

Best of luck to you...I hope they give you the retake.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Don't take "no" for an answer. One minute per question is reasonable, and I think you could have finished unless another sim or 5-in-1 was in the pipeline. Don't be rude about it, but keep asking to speak to someone higher-up if you're told no. That's unacceptable. You're already out the time and money (gas, time off work, etc.) that it took to take the exam.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dont accept what they say, like someone said go higher or make an official complaint and put it in writing. or you could try phoning pearson vue and see what they have to say about it?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Keep studying -- and during your study breaks practice saying "no is not an option" -- just in case. Since the test center seems to be "on your side" you shouldn't have too much trouble getting the retest.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    yuriz43yuriz43 Member Posts: 121
    I thought 800 is a passing score?
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    yuriz43 wrote:
    I thought 800 is a passing score?

They don't give that info out, and if they did they can change it at the drop of the hat

Keep on trucking man!
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Ouch, it always sucks when you're tripped up by technical issues on these exams. Like dynamik, Mike, and the others have said, don't give up on getting a retake. Keep asking, keep on them, but be curteous and and professional. And, of course, don't hesitate to keep studying and use this extra bit of time to bone up on things you found difficult on those tough questions. You got to see the exam, now you've got an idea of what to expect. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    I received an e-mailreply from Vue .....

"Thank you for expressing your concern regarding the CCNA exam. We have reviewed your exam file and found no technical issues or errors with the hardware and software that was used to deliver your exam. Given we can find no indication the exam performed differently than intended; we are not issuing a credit for the exam. If you have additional questions, you are welcome to call and discuss them at your convenience."

I love where they say "no indication the exam performed diffrently than intended". I have called and so far to no avail, but they wern't real happy when I asked if the four plus minute mandatory break was intended as well. After being ransferred to three people, I was referred to Cisco, who state they will reply within 2 days. If they say no then I become a lot more "pesky" and firm, but polite and professional.
  • Options
    Here is Cisco's reply...

As the result of extensive review of your exam in collaboration with our test developers, test vendors and technical staff, it has been determined that the experience with an item on the test resulted in a restart, which resulted in time lost and unable to complete all the questions on the exam.

On any future exams, Please report any issues to the TA and add a comment on the exam if any problems occur.

In appreciation of your feedback, we would like to offer you a complimentary exam voucher to take your next certification exam. Please allow 1 to 2 business days for receipt of your complimentary voucher.

And yes I am happy to get another chance without having to pay the $250 fee.

However given the same set of circumstances, I'm not sure i would use valuble time to enter a comment unless it was the last questions and I had completed it. Thanks for the support.

Now its back to reviewing the problem areas it identified and picking up that certificate.

Alan
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Abrown1966 wrote:
    I'm not sure i would use valuble time to enter a comment
    Re-reading the Vue response it sounds like it would have been a good idea to use the comment options to leave them an "indication of a problem." Just a quick "Test froze, got proctor, rebooted, clock kept running. Lost time!!!"

I'd wonder what happened to the "proctor report" about the "incident" -- unless they think the proctor runs a side business accepting bribes for claiming test issues so people who fail can get a low cost retest. icon_eek.gif

At least Cisco came through for you -- shows that they are a "class act" icon_cool.gif

You kept studying all this time, right? icon_study.gif

Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Glad to see Cisco sided with you. When I took my test the first time I had an error come up and get dumped out. When they restarted the machine I had to redo the question, but lost no time thank god!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    I received my voucher and have schedule my test for Friday Morning. Intrestingly enough the voucher is good until April 14, 2009. Time for last minute reviews in the morning.
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Abrown1966 wrote:
    I received my voucher and have schedule my test for Friday Morning. Intrestingly enough the voucher is good until April 14, 2009. Time for last minute reviews in the morning.

Abrown1966,

Good luck on your retake of your first time. :)