JNCIA-EX tomorrow

ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
hi guys,
Tomorrow, if God Will, I'll write the JNCIA-EX exam.
I used the official training book and the Software Guide. However, I still feel uncomfortable with some commands. I only had occasional access to a couple of switches.

Wish me luck. icon_wink.gif

Comments

• AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    good luck indeed :D I've heard its not terrible of a test but who knows.

The ex switches is something I plan on learning after the IE-M, let me know how the test goes.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Seeing it's a JNCIA level exam, it will cover more basic configuration and operational commands, so focus on those and not anything too obscure out of the software guide.

I didn't get a chance to go thru the software guide and relied only on the student guide and those Juniper Partner labs. With that and a Red Bull, I made it thru ;) Hopefully you will too.

Aldur... when are you booked for? It was a pretty fun lab, so I hope you enjoy it. I mean that in a nice way, not in a sarcastic way :) I had a blast.
    zoidberg wrote:
    Aldur... when are you booked for? It was a pretty fun lab, so I hope you enjoy it. I mean that in a nice way, not in a sarcastic way :) I had a blast.

Next week, the 22nd. I'm hoping it's a fun experience for me too :D I can say that the IP was a fun experience and I've been studying non-stop for the IE so I think it'll turn out to be in my favor.

-Bender
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ccnpninja, you're going to have to change your name to futuramaninja or something; you seriously seem out of place.

Good luck with your exam!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Dang, we're getting more and more Juniper guys around here. Good luck with the exam! :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I failed the exam. I scored 70 out of 100. Passing score is 80. icon_sad.gif
    The questions were about all the chapters in the student guide. The exam tests general theory around Juniper switches features and protocols. It also tests on basic configuration and understanding of configuration outputs.
    I answered some questions with intuition. I finished with almost 3 minutes left.
    I believe that if I had more access to EX switches I could grasp the topics better.
    sorry to hear that you didn't pass icon_sad.gif

but it is positive that you came close to passing, i'm sure that the next time you try for it you do well!

-Bender
    thanks Aldur, I'm going to focus on my weak areas.
    I wish you good luck for your JNCIE.
    I sat today for the exam and passed! I'm a JNCIA.
    I answered to some questions from intuition and logic. Thank God for my background from the Pre-Sales certification and the CCNA.
    It was a nice experience though.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! Way to stick with it.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • joaquin48joaquin48 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys
    I Have my JNCIA-E and JNCIS-E, plus CCNA and some comptia, and will write the JNCIA exam soon, it really doesn't seem really hard

After that , i will write my JNCIA-EX, after reading the student guide, let's see how it goes

I also passed Cisco's BSCI last week , and will write my switching exam soon as well.

I hope my knowledge, and mi cisco and juniper tracks all together will help my career to advance faster,
    Cheers,
    Joaquin
    i-net+, network+, security+, JNCIA-E, JNCIS-E, CCNA, BSCI (routing exam towards CCNP)
    Hey ccnpninja, congratz on the pass. Thats awesome that you were able to go back so quickly and knock that exam out. I'm really thinking about hitting the switches now that I've passed my IE-M, but i'm torn between that and some cisco certs.

Joaquin48, from the sounds of it you have some serious certs in both cisco and juniper. Thats awesome and should help you out considerable when it comes to advancing your career. I definitely plan on picking up some cisco certs for that exact reason.

-Bender