Options

Ist MCP

OneyOney Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
Can anyone suggest to me if I can take 70-290 as my 1st MCSA track exam since I seem to be reading that now? Is there any rule that says 70-270 1st?

Comments

• Options
    wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    there are no rules for the order you take exams, but there are rules for which exams count towards your MCSA, MCSE certifications.

70-270
    70-290
    70-291
    70-293

id go for those for your MCSA. But for me, i have my A+ so im working on my Network+ at the moment. A+ and Network+ = 1MCP towards my MCSA. I already have 270 & 290 and ill do 291 after.

Read more at microsoft.com
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I suggest you take the 290 first! This get's you the MCP credential and tells potential employers you know server 2003.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I did 290 first. I had used XP on a daily basis for years, so I figured I'd mix it up and learn something new. There's no set order for ANY of the exams, so work on whatever interests you. That's what I did, and my MCSE order was about as bass-ackwards as you can get (290, 270, Sec+, 294, 293, 291, 299, 29icon_cool.gif.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Nope, nothing says you can't take any Microsoft exam at any time. I would suggest, at this point, to skip 70-270 altogether and go for 70-620 instead, which applies not only to the MCSA/MCSE track, but also to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator certification. Incidentally, the Vista exam will also give you a stand-alone MCTS certification, which is seperate from MCP, MCSE, and MCITP. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    OneyOney Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all. This site has been helpful a lot.