Options

Aced it ... MCITP 2008: SA

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
Over the last couple of month I am studying for both, the SA and EA .. don't really need it myself but got bribed with money :) So why not ey ...

Anyway .. passed it with 976 yesterday \o/

I think the advantage was that I already passed all necessary exams for the EA (apart of the Pro one) which gave me probably enough material to pass the SA :):):)

I will go for the EA in 4 weeks ... lets see how that one goes ..
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How do the new Server 2008 exams compare to the Server 2003 exams as far as difficulty? Just curious, I have plenty of time before I need to finish the MCITP:EA but thought about getting the SA knocked out sooner just for fun.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, great score!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    sthomas wrote:
    How do the new Server 2008 exams compare to the Server 2003 exams as far as difficulty? Just curious, I have plenty of time before I need to finish the MCITP:EA but thought about getting the SA knocked out sooner just for fun.

I cannot really say to be honest. I have only a couple of 2000 ones .. I did "attempt" the network server 2003 (I believe its 70-291) and failed and never re-taken it .. as far as I remember the stuff from that 2003 exam - the 2008 counter part, 70-642, seems to be easier (he, passed quite high too).

There is one tip I can give you : Don't be cocky when doing the Vista one (70-620) - I seriously thought : Ey, I know all that bollocks .. and went for it without even touching a book ... lol .. and failed ....
  • Options
    StarkeStarke Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I also took all of the Windows 2000 exams but I did take the upgrade exams to 2003. I can tell you these exams are much easier than the 2000/2003 ones.
    sthomas wrote:
    MCSA: Windows Server 2012 - MCITP (SA, EA, EMA) - CCA (XD4, XD5, XS5, XS6) - VCP 4
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sthomas wrote:

We have discussed this question a bit on this forum. You might want to do a search to see the older posts. The consensus seems to be that they are not really "easier" as in less technical, but much more to the point. The new exam track has fewer "gotchas".
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations, nice to hear that people are moving towards the new exams.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    sthomas wrote:

We have discussed this question a bit one this forum. You might want to do a search to see the older posts. The consensus seems to be that they are not really "easier" as in less technical, but much more to the point. The new exam track has fewer "gotchas".

well said *thumbs up*

Bottom line is : When you come from 2003 "all" you have to learn is how to do the same stuff you already know in Server 2008 .. its like starting as sys admin in a new company .. you know the drill .. you just have to learn how to do it "their" way and not how to do it in general (know what i mean ?)
  • Options
    cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
    congrats!

John

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint