Options

*sigh* - I thought braindumper getting less and less

2»

Comments

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    gorebrush wrote:
    I've failed MS exams before now.. and when I come round to do the 2nd attempt, yes, I saw one or two questions again.

There's only "so many" questions in the pool, so I think by the law of averages you are bound to see one or two again really.

Although, some exams do have just limited question pools. Or I know for a fact that one specific exam has just one pool with 56 questions.

I failed one exam, re-took it and got the EXACT same questions. And a colleague of mine went to the same exam and failed also once and re-took it and got also the same questions. Oviously no idea if the question he got and I were the same .. but what the odds anyway ... Hell even the order was the same as far as I can remember. I suppose it depends how popular certain exams are how much work they actually put into it ..

Gosh I wish all exams were performance based.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Ha!

That doesn't surprise me.

In my opinion there are only so many ways you can ask questions about a certain product.

56 does sound a bit feeble, though
  • Options
    Whats really shocking is that some PRO exams don't even have 50 questions and some client exams over 70 ...
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Like I said earlier, I really don't think the number of questions is that big of deal. Look at something like a CompTIA exam where you get questions like, "What port does HTTP use?" and compare that with the wall of text you get on MS exams. The MS questions easily have 5-10 times the content of the CompTIA questions. You have to have a good understanding of the technology otherwise you'll be completely lost. It's not like you're just memorizing arbitrary facts; you really need to know how to apply the technology.
  • Options
    vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've heard a lot of scenarios and explanations offered, but I come to one of two conclusions. Either the OP exaggerated the "10 mins" he claimed the guy took, or the guy cheated, plan and simple. A 56 question exam taken in 10 minutes gives you less than 11 seconds per question, and this guy scored a 1000? Naw, I think not. At 11 seconds per question, you have to do some major speed reading. That 11 seconds includes load time for each new page, and the few seconds at the end to score your exam and give results. So it's probaly more like 9 seconds per question. It just can't legitimately happen in 10 minutes and score a 1000.

Even assuming the guy took the exam a few times before...who would speed through an exam that they failed...possible multiple times? I just don't buy it, one way or the other.

Sorry to bump. icon_redface.gif I just read the date of the last post. I suck. icon_sad.gif
    Certified Lunatic.
  • Options
    vsmith3rd wrote:
    I've heard a lot of scenarios and explanations offered, but I come to one of two conclusions. Either the OP exaggerated the "10 mins" he claimed the guy took, or the guy cheated, plan and simple. A 56 question exam taken in 10 minutes gives you less than 11 seconds per question, and this guy scored a 1000? Naw, I think not. At 11 seconds per question, you have to do some major speed reading. That 11 seconds includes load time for each new page, and the few seconds at the end to score your exam and give results. So it's probaly more like 9 seconds per question. It just can't legitimately happen in 10 minutes and score a 1000.

Even assuming the guy took the exam a few times before...who would speed through an exam that they failed...possible multiple times? I just don't buy it, one way or the other.

Sorry to bump. icon_redface.gif I just read the date of the last post. I suck. icon_sad.gif

Funny you bump this. I had my EA exam last week and two blokes started their Vista exam at the same time ...

We three went into the room .. And when I was at question 8 (checked because I was so surprised), both got up and finished their exam ... One dude said to the other guy "See, I told you" ...

And I know that the vista exam has a couple of simulations in it ...
  • Options
    LifelongLearnerLifelongLearner Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    moss12 wrote:
    wats the purpose of braindumping , u r paying money to get certified without gaining anything but a paper ? what a waste of money icon_confused.gif

Yeap. Waste of time as well. Let them braindump. They will get nowhere fast and when they realize it, they will slow down and learn what it's like to study all over again icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    johntaylerjohntayler Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This happens mostly in third world countries like India etc. This is some difficult to find out the cheater. Many testing centers are involved in mostly cases. This is a profession of many dudes to give exam for others. Hope 4 the best.

John Tayler