Options

Instructor led

OneyOney Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok,
I went for Instructor led training on 70-290(2274 And 2275). I have the Microsoft course book, is that enough for my study?

Comments

• Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    did you do any labs?
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    OneyOney Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Oney..
    The basic princilple for passing a Microsft test is the same for all of the tests. One source is never enough.

Pase I – Study
    Read books or take a course. Perform labs as needed. This should last until you feel comfortable with all of the exam objectives begin to prepare for the exam.

Phase II – Exam Prep
    Three weeks. If you have studied adequately that is all you will need. For this phase you will need two separate sets of questions. I normally use the MeasureUp questions that come with the microsoft press books and SelfTest. For two weeks begin taking the first set of questions doing a fast test, long review method. Take the test quickly. Either you know the answer or you do not. If you do not know the answer, leave the answer blank and go on. Print all of your answers (even the correct ones) and review the subjects. You must be able to explain why each answer is right or wrong. Use the Internet (go to TechNet, MSDN, etc), perform labs based upon questions you find dificult to understand. The idea here is to get to know the subject matter very closely, not to simplymemorize a bunch of answers. Once this step is done, begin to use the second set of questions to simulate the exam during the last week. Take these tests slowley. Once you begin to score close to 90% you should be ready for the exam. I have suggested this system to many students and the actual score you need to get to b sure you will pass the real exam depends on you. If I am getting a score between 75% and 80% on my second set of questions I will noramly pass an MS test with mid 800s. Some students need to be in the 90s to pass the actual exam.

This is a method I know to work very well and which I believe promotes a true mastery of the topics because of repeated coverage of the objectives from different perspectives.