Installing ISA Server 2006 Standard - Stand Alone

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Everybody,

I just wanted to know if it is possible to Install ISA Server 2006 Standard on a Stand Alone Server. This is my setup:

Domain 1 & Domain 2.

ISA Server Stand Alone

My question is;

Do i set up a trust relationship, and if so what sort of trust shall i set up?

What sort of implications will it have on user authentication.

ISA Server is on the same subnet, does this matter?

ISA server will not be added to a domain because both domains need access to it unconditionally.

Also, does anybody have any advice to offer for the setup? many thanks!
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does anybody know? Id really appreciate it!
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I don't really get how this is configured. Is the ISA server acting as a router between the two domains? Are the domains related as parent and child or are they in seperate forests? Tell me a bit more about your network topology and AD so I can visualize it. Also, what are you attempting to accomplsh? Users in domain1 attempting to authenticate to resources in domain2?
  • wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry, i suppose it was a little vague for the response i needed!

Ok, heres the deal:

We have 2 domains, each is in their own separate forest. each domain is on the same subnet, which is also linked together with a two-way transitive trust. please dont ask why we have two domains instead of one, it was how it was designed before me, its a real pain in the a**.

Anyways. Ive included a picture with our network infrastructure for you to have a look at. The ISA server acts as the gateway to the DMZ and the DMZ has a red hat linux firewall server.

I simply need to understand how to install and configure the ISA server because i dont want to add it to any internal domain, which would cancel the other domain out.

simplenetworkdiagramxe7.jpgw1044.png

How do we combat adding users to ISA server and how does it effect the network if i need to add it to a domain?

thanks!
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    You do not have to install ISA on a domain member. However, it does make it easier to do so if you're looking to use access rules for specific AD groups.
    Good luck to all!