Options

Citrix Exams

1968charger_rt1968charger_rt Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Has anyone got any experience of taking any Citrix exams? CCA in partiular.

What's the deal with scheduling these exams? Book them through Vue/Prometric? I've looked through the Citrix website but can't find any info on this.

If anyone has done this exam (CCA) was it difficult? (rate it. 1-10 easy-hard). If you passed what experience/certs do you have?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Charger
You learn, and you don't learn.

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Unfortunately Citrix exams are only avaible through Prometric. The Citrix certification site is it www.citrix.com/training

I did the MetaFrame XP exam awhile ago. It was exam 220. I failed on my first attempt by 1 question. I was forced into taking the test before I was ready, had taken the course, but had little experience with the product. Now that I work with the product all the time, I don't the exam would have been to bad. You should be familiar with Windows 200x server before taking the exam.

on a scale of 1-10 maybe a 3 or 4.

The beta for the MetaFrame 3.0 exam is going on now.

To get the CCA you need the MetaFrame Admin exam which is currently 222 (or the 223 beta) and an eLearning course. Which is a $100 waste of time marketing ploy. the eLearning course will cover either Secure Access Manager or Password Manager.

Becareful with Citrix certification. They just redid the CCEA track and a lot of people lost their certifications. They are getting better with warning us about the changing requirements.

If you have any other questions, go ahead and post them.

good luck.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    1968charger_rt1968charger_rt Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you,

You've comprehensively answered all of my questions.

Charger
    You learn, and you don't learn.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    FYI

Exam 222 - Covers MetaFrame XP FR3
    Exam 223 - Covers MetaFrame 3.0
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete