Options

Question about a job interview..

vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
I had a job interview a little over a week ago. I had e-mailed him a few hours afterward to thank him for the interview. I have yet to hear back from him. Should I shoot him an e-mail saying I'm still interested?

Thanks,
Fade

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What I typically did in the past and would do again should I end up on the position of looking for a job is:
    1. Have the interview
    2. A day later I will send them a thank you letter. I will send this to their e-mail to ensure that it got to them.
    3. A few days later I will call to ask them the status and if they have made a decision and that I am very eager to know if you got the job and look forwarding to starting.

I have received a job offer over another candidate before due to me being the one sending the thank you letter. I also called a few days later and it showed them that I care about the position and they are not just another company I decided to send my resume to and don't care too much about.

Companies will sometimes not respond back to candidates and wait for the ones that call them to see how interested the candidates are. So yes, if it's been a few days, call back and see how things are going.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    Yeah, a simple email to inquire on the progress of their interview schedule won't hurt. The hiring process can easily take weeks if their need isn't urgent, so be patient--but keep interviewing with other places.
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yeah, definitely give him a call. I am about to do that with the college & the tv station i had interviewed with in the past week. hopefully i get some offers. i definitely want to get the tv station job mostly, but i'll be happy with the college job too.
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    I emailed him.

He told me today they'd be deciding in a few days.

I'm praying I get this job. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I emailed him.

I'm assuming the other new job isn't working out for ya?
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I emailed him.

Goodluck missy!

:D
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    shednik wrote:
    I emailed him.

That's what I was wondering! Didn't you just get a new job, FTB?
  • Options
    darkerosxx wrote:
    shednik wrote:
    I emailed him.

That's what I was wondering! Didn't you just get a new job, FTB?

Its horrible.

They are the most unorganized bunch of monkeys ever. Did I ever post the picture of what the work space looks like? icon_eek.gif Its SO messy and they procrastinate on everything.

They're outsourced IT pretty much. Such as, we're our clients IT department. I'd rather work at a place where I am the IT staff all the time.

We'll see..