Options

Has MS Second Shot changed.......?

I thought second shot was available on exams taken before end of May but the website now states December? icon_cry.gif

Second Shot now gives you two incentives to get certified!
In the real world, you might need more than one chance at certification. With Second Shot, if you do not pass a Microsoft Certification exam on your first try, we’ll let you retake the exam for free.

As an additional incentive to work toward a Microsoft Certification, from October 15, 2008, to December 31, 2008, if you pass a Microsoft Certification exam on your first try, you get a 25 percent discount on a different exam.

Follow these three easy steps:

 Register for the Second Shot offer, and take the Microsoft Certification exam by December 31, 2008.

 If you do not pass the exam, you get a free offer of a retake exam until June 30, 2009.

 If you do pass your first exam, you get a 25 percent discount on a different exam. You have until February 28, 2009 to take the discounted exam. (Note that you do not receive a free retake offer on this discounted exam if you do not pass it on the first try.)

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/default.mspx
This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
Learning Python and OSCP

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The second shot is through June 30th, 2009.

The extra incentive is if you passed on the first try then you get a 25% discount on your next test. That is through 12/31/08.

So it changed for the good.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    glad someone made a thread about second shot. i got a question about it though. How exactly does it work? i usually go thru Prometric and schedule my test using their website...so say i fail a test, how do i schedule the re-take without having to pay again?
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    The second shot is til June but you have to take the first attempt by December 31st if you fail you get the second shot if you pass you get the 25%.

But I thought that the first exam could be taken until end of May for second shot
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    When I took the 70-270 awhile back when they had the second shot at the beginning of the year i registered for the second shot used that number in the promo code online when buying it the first time. When i went to reschedule the exam I used the same promo code again and it recognized it and i didnt have to pay for anything. hope that helps BradleyHU
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I took the 70-270 awhile back when they had the second shot at the beginning of the year i registered for the second shot used that number in the promo code online when buying it the first time. When i went to reschedule the exam I used the same promo code again and it recognized it and i didnt have to pay for anything. hope that helps BradleyHU

thanks...that makes sense...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    Question: What should I do if I'm getting sent a free voucher from PrepLogic? So that if I fail which I will not :) I can get a free second shot.
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    jryantech wrote:
    Question: What should I do if I'm getting sent a free voucher from PrepLogic? So that if I fail which I will not :) I can get a free second shot.

I believe you only get to use one or the other.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dynamik wrote:
    jryantech wrote:

I believe you only get to use one or the other.

Yes you are right, tried several different voucher types ... you can only enter one vouhcer .. if you enter a second one it will invalidate the first one ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p