Security Templates

Does anybody know where I can find detailed information about Security Templates? I have the MS Press Book, but it doesn't seem to go deep into it. Almost everybody I've talked to says that this subject is on the 270 exam. I'm signed up to take the exam on Friday.
The biggest risk in life is not taking one.

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Check out the 70-291 material, security templates are covered pretty extensively on that exam and the study-material for it has a wealth of information.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    Slowhand wrote:
    Check out the 70-291 material, security templates are covered pretty extensively on that exam and the study-material for it has a wealth of information.

Thanks Slowhand! Just what I was looking for. The 291 material has a lot about Security Templates. Hey Slowhand, what part of the Bay Area are you from?
    Not a problem. I'm hanging out in the East Bay right now, over in San Pablo. I'm sort of treading water for the time being, cranking out some units at the community college until I can get to that little school down the road, in the next big town over, at the end of University Avenue. icon_wink.gif

I grew up in San Pablo in a neighborhood called Rollingwood, by the Golden 7 and the closed down Coast gas station. Great weather over there.
    gravyjoe wrote:
    I grew up in San Pablo in a neighborhood called Rollingwood, by the Golden 7 and the closed down Coast gas station. Great weather over there.
    The weather is alright, but they can keep this damn wind. I'm up towards Hilltop, on the San Pablo/Richmond border.

I lived by the San Pablo/Richmond border too. Very close to CC College. It does get pretty windy there. Thanks again for the tip about Security Templates. I have the 270 exam tomorrow. Wish me luck.
    Yup, I'm going to the CCC, as well as splitting some time over at the College of Marin. Fun-fun.

Good luck with the exam, let us know how you did. :D

I took the 270 test Friday afternoon and passed with a 778! The exam was harder than I thought it would be. It tested me on a little bit of everything. Security Templates, share and NTFS permissions, offline files, local security and group policy, troubleshooting, and installation methods. Thanks to Slowhand and others on this website that helped with preparing for this exam. This site, along with the MS Press book, is what helped me the most. I hope the 290 isn't as hard as the 270 icon_lol.gif