Options

Passed 70-270 Yesterday

jchrisfjchrisf Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have to say that this exam was much more tricky than I thought it would be. I prepared with transcender and a couple of other practice exams friends had given me and also used the study material here at techexams (thank you techexams!). I also read the MS Press and Sybex books on the subject.

After the first 10 questions I thought I had failed. I think out of the whole 65 questions only 10 of them looked familiar to me. The other 55 I was completely unprepared for. I got an 873 on the exam and relied purely on my 15 years of experience with Microsoft Products. The good thing is if you know what you are doing.. you might not know the right answer but you can eliminate all the wrong answers because they really don't have anything to do with the question. That is what saved me. I think the practice exams I used were several years old and Microsoft has changed their questions since these practice exams were first created. I definitely want to be more prepared for the next exam.

Has anyone else had this experience or are your practice exams more up to date and you found all of Microsoft's test questions familiar?

Comments

• Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, I am taking my exam Thursday

I am also using Transcender practice testing. Hopefully it works out for me
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass man. I took this exam with the second shot offer in hand. The first time i took it i scored a 684 and didnt study at all for this exam. I realied only on my hands on experience. I then used the second shot and came back and past after a few hours of study and no practice tests. Experience played a big part in this test for me because I could like you said rule out the wrong answers right away.