Options

Linux+, the current test

reefcrazedreefcrazed Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Question for anyone that has taken the Linux+ recently. When was the last time the test was changed ? How many different version of the test are there ?

I have passed my Novell CLP and studying for my Novell CLE so I figure why not just take the Linux+ as it has just got to be easier than that Novell CLP was. On the Novell CLP there is around 4 different test, different people seem to get different objectives and it is "hands on" meaning you really have to know the material. I studied for 3 months straight for that one and passed it the first time. The Linux+ looks to be just memorization and covering the same material as the CLP, but the CLP was definitely more up to date. So if anyone has any idea when the current test was written and have they changed it, or are there any plans on them changing it soon. You can understand my concern, I do not want to study for something this month and have them change the test mid-stream.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I believe it was around 2005 or so. I'm not sure if the exact date, but it's been awhile. I think they recently sent me an email about contributing to a newer version of the test, but as far as I know, they haven't set a date for when the new exam is going to be released. Even when the new one comes out, they typically have the two overlap for 4-6 months, so no one gets caught off guard. I guess what I'm saying is, there's no reason for you to put it off ;)

Good luck, and welcome to the forums!
  • Options
    I am on it then !!
  • Options
    Oh one other question. I hope this is not against the NDA but no one has to answer if they do not want to.

Are all of the test exactly the same ?
  • Options
    What do you mean? The questions are selected from a pool. It's wont' be the same test for everyone, and it won't be the same if you have to retake it.
  • Options
    Ok, that is what I needed to know. I think there are 95 questions, probably pulling them from maybe 200 questions ?
  • Options
    No clue. I don't think they publish the specifics. Most exam providers will periodically rotate questions out in an attempt to thwart cheaters as well.
  • Options
    After taking practice exams I appear to already be ready but I think I will still spend a month studying, better safe than sorry.
  • Options
    For sure. CompTIA exams aren't cheap, and you'll never hurt yourself by knowing too much ;)
  • Options
    Well the plan is for work to pay for it, $239 if I remember right :-/