Options

Resume Title?

TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
What do you guys think the best resume title is? As in the one that you use when you post your resume to Careerbuilder or Monster? Do you think it's best to say something like IT Professional or do you think its best to use something a bit more descriptive such as Entry Level IT Professional? Or would listing Help Desk or IT Technician would be better? I really don't think its a good idea to get really specific since theres a lot of entry level IT jobs.

I used to just use the first title without giving it much thought but I'm reposting my resume and I'm starting to think I would need a better label to get more attention.

Comments

• Options
    rubberToerubberToe Inactive Imported Users Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I believe the resume title is just to help the user differentiate the different resume upload for when applying to particular jobs.

I would suggest maybe looking into revamping your resume, also I have come to find that unless you have quite a bit of experience to not expect much response to a resume posted on big job sites. Mostly you encounter a lot of bogus sales and scam jobs.
  • Options
    TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    Well, I got a few hits from career builder that weren't scams so I'm probably just going to stick with them. I got a lot of scams and such from Monster so I'm probably not going back there. There isn't much else I can do, I went through Craigslist and I checked the sites of a bunch of the local companies.

I think if I don't find anything I'll probably just work at Best Buy for Black Friday and save the money for car insurance/gas and start going to school full time when the new semester starts.

It seems like my instructor at my school was right, when the recession hits it's probably best to just go to school and cert up; after everything is back to normal you'll be ready to work.