Fallout 3 - Welcome to Wasteland again...

ArveanArvean Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
So, are you in line for the new Fallout? I remember the nights spent fighting Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 2. I'm actually thrilled to see the Oblivion approach. Will see next Tuesday...
No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm really behind in one of my college classes, and this is going to set me back even further icon_sad.gif

I was debating taking off the entire Thanksgiving week and going through it then, but I don't know if I can wait that long...

I'm definitely looking forward to this.
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Oblivion was already released. icon_lol.gif

but yes, I've reserved my copy. I just ordered the game but apparently the collectors edition comes with a lot of extra junk. icon_cool.gif

Dogmeat ftw
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    Oblivion, there's a game I need to go back and finish.
  • TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    I remember playing the original Fallout on my ship when we were out at sea. I think that was in 97. It was so addictive.
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will be buying this next week. Haven't played anything since MGS4, so I can't wait :)
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
    Just hope it's not focused too much on FPS elements.
    KGhaleon wrote:
    Just hope it's not focused too much on FPS elements.

Did you think Oblivion was?
  • ArveanArvean Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's a good point. I'm terrified that because the game is targeted on consoles as well, it will loose it's strategic view we all love. I'm not judging, but I'd hate to see Fallout 3 as a doom-like shooter....

Oh well, Tuesday is near, we'll see...
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
  • loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    It looks amazing, definatley has the best storyline of any game ive seen so far.

Too many good games coming out this month and too little time to play them all.
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    loxleynew wrote:
    It looks amazing, definatley has the best storyline of any game ive seen so far.

Too many good games coming out this month and too little time to play them all.

So true ha lol... dropping and playing games for me will be like throwing the knowledge I already have I'm almost about ready to take CCENT.
    I played Fallout 2 but never actually finished it, it was really awesome, I get to meet people to join my part etc, wait Fallout 2 was all the way back in year 1999 or 2000? wow it's been such a long time, I am just not a big fan of them realeasing the game on console, when they do alot of things is sacrificed for compatibility.
    I just purchased the Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics pack a couple of months ago, in hopes of getting through them before the third one hit. I haven't even started yet icon_sad.gif

I wonder how much people who haven't played the first two are going to miss out on.
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Arvean wrote:
    So, are you in line for the new Fallout? I remember the nights spent fighting Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 2. I'm actually thrilled to see the Oblivion approach. Will see next Tuesday...

In line? I got mine for the 360 like a week ago :P

Aaaarrrggg!
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    Game Trailers has come out with a Fallout retrospective for anyone who's interested in the background story: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42026.html

If you haven't seen their retrospectives before, they're really well done. They also have Final Fantasy, Zelda, Metroid, etc.
  • loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    Now the question.. to get this for my PC or my PS3 hmm...
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    loxleynew wrote:

PC. Better multiplayer.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    PC best console ;)
    loxleynew wrote:

My wife's making me get it on Steam because she wants to play it and hates console controllers.
    Well, it offically came out last night. I wasn't one of those crazy people sitting in front of the store at midnight, but I plan to pick up my preorder today when I get off work.

So far I've heard that the game is quite large, about 80% the size of Oblivion and that there are quite a lot of sidequests. It's easy to get sidetracked and miss stuff. I also hear that the game is fluid on many video cards, especially higher end ones. :D
    I will be buying this for my PS3 -- I prefer the comfort of my couch or recliner when playing games, plus I spend a majority of my day in front of a computer so it is a nice change of scenery :)

IGN gave this a 9.6/10
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    I will be buying this for my PS3 -- I prefer the comfort of my couch or recliner when playing games, plus I spend a majority of my day in front of a computer so it is a nice change of scenery :)

IGN gave this a 9.6/10

Yea, I might have to reopen my GameFly account and rent it for my 360 as well. Its been harder and harder me to get back into PC gaming (for the reason you stated).

I'm surprised it's getting an 8.6 from users: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/fallout3
    How was the game? must be good 9.6 is a pretty high rating.
    I'm heading out to pick it up in 11 minutes. :D
    KGhaleon wrote:
    I'm heading out to pick it up in 11 minutes. :D

Same here, as soon as 5PM comes, I'm leaving the office and off to Best Buy I go....

So I guess this forum will be much more quiet the following weeks...
    Arvean wrote:

Nah, we'll still need something to do while at work...
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    Arvean wrote:

Nah, we'll still need something to do while at work...

icon_cheers.gif

How is the game btw? ive never played fallout but haveheard good things about it? maybe tempted to buy this for the 360
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    I played this for about 2 1/2 hours yesterday, and love it so far. I really like the VATs system, and the graphics are amazing (on the PS3, anyway). I love that you can be a complete bastard or act like an angel.

Slight spoiler alert: One example is where you can save a town by disabling an atom bomb, or you can trigger it to destroy the town. You can get information you need by paying for the info, killing the person who has the info, or lockpicking/hacking to access their personal "journal".

I have a feeling this is going to be a fantastic game.
    Same here, the game is amazing. I am going to be playing this for weeks, maybe months if we get to develop mods for it. :)

The game apparently runs well on most systems and the load times are surprisingly short. On my computer the load times are within 5-8 seconds. O_O

I played up to the first town and messed around in the wasteland. Accidentally fell into a radioactive lake and ran into some super-mutants when I ventured too far north. VATS is fun, but I find the first-person shooting a bit easier at times. :D

The opening of the game was very creative and I was drawn in. Beating up the school bullies was enjoyable and the G.O.A.T test had me loling constantly. :D
    I was saddened when you had to actually leave the Vault.

I've heard there are Death claws in this game. I look forward to seeing them in their full 3D glory. icon_cool.gif
    Oh, and the radio broadcasts are a nice touch. Being able to turn your radio on and pick up weird radio signals is very cool. icon_cool.gif
    The game is A W E S O M E. I spent 3 hours yesterday, trying to go around the wasteland, and I can tell you it's going to be massive. So many options, so much to do... I really need to limit my experience, I still have school and ambitious plans for the future ;))))).

Overall a 10/10 from me. 8 year wait is over, and was worth it...