Options

Passed 70-270!

RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
YES! I PASSED JUST 20 mins AGO so im kind of excited!!

Should I move on to 290 or backtrack for A+ and N+??

It was more challenging than I thought though, I thought I was going to be in the high 800s into 900 but I got a 747! icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    I usually would say for you to backtrack for A+ and N+, but since i've heard the 270 and 290 have a lot of overlap, it'd probably be a good idea to go for the 290. It'll be much easier to do it now than to wait after the Comptia tests.
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    J-DubsJ-Dubs Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I'm on to my 290 now. I finally can say that I'm a Microsoft Corrupted Professional.

-J
    True wisdom exists in knowing that you know nothing
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    You should keep going and do one of the electives. I'm going to do Exchange, even if I pass A+ first. Exchange seems like a lot of fun to me
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    70-270, 70-290, 70-620 and 70-291 and you get the MCSA. You'll also get the MCTS: Configuring Vista cert too! You are gonna find 70-290 and 70-620 easy now that you did 70-270.

Forget the comptia exams, you've come to far now. Think about going deeping into Microsoft or Cisco. I actually think the CCENT/CCNA are a good move prior tot he 70-291 a lot of overlap there in concepts.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Daniel333 wrote:
    70-270, 70-290, 70-620 and 70-291 and you get the MCSA. You'll also get the MCTS: Configuring Vista cert too! You are gonna find 70-290 and 70-620 easy now that you did 70-270.

Forget the comptia exams, you've come to far now. Think about going deeping into Microsoft or Cisco. I actually think the CCENT/CCNA are a good move prior tot he 70-291 a lot of overlap there in concepts.

Wow I did not even realize this route until you told me! This is a great track to follow with the Configuring Vista exam! Its like killing two birds with one stone! Thanks for the heads up icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations on the pass!
    RomBUS wrote:
    Wow I did not even realize this route until you told me! This is a great track to follow with the Configuring Vista exam! Its like killing two birds with one stone! Thanks for the heads up icon_cool.gif

And it'll count towards your MCITP: Enterprise Administrator as well. I'd do 290 next since that's pretty similar to 270. You can reward yourself with an easier exam (620) after that. You'll need to be refreshed for 291 ;)
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    Congratulations on the pass!

I'd do 290 next since that's pretty similar to 270.

+1

There's a decent amount of overlap from 270 to 290.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.