Options

Failed 70-620 today :(

HemisFearHemisFear Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings.

I took the 70-620 today and failed with a score of 651. Oddly enough as I was taking the exam (and I've taken many in my life) I felt very comfortable with the information. Interestingly enough when I got my results back, I only did "poorly" in two areas.

I got at least a 70% on the "bar graph" on 5 out of the 7 tested areas.

It appears that I got 50% correct under:

Configuring & Troubleshooting Post-Installation System Settings

It appears that I got 60% correct under:

Maintaining & Optimizing Systems that Run Windows Vista

-There were roughly 8 simulations
-There were 64 questions although Microsoft said they will only use 50 of them for grading purposes. This is somewhat annoying considering I think I would have passed had they used them all. I'm a bit flustered with this.

Any advice?

Also, does anyone have any true exam-like simulation applications that they are aware of?
---===The darkest hour is just before the dawn of day===---

Comments

• Options
    rdix2501rdix2501 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What study material are you using? Also try to remember what questions you weren't sure about and try to research the answer. Keep on trying and never give up.
    B.S. Management Information Systems
    MCSA: Security W.I.P.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    rdix2501 wrote:
    What study material are you using? Also try to remember what questions you weren't sure about and try to research the answer. Keep on trying and never give up.
    I'll do a +1 to that, let us know what study-material you have and we can suggest something better/equivalent/supplemental. As for the score-report, use that to guide you in your studying. Focus on the areas you were weak on, go have a look at the exam blueprint, and figure out what particular topics you need to study up on. And don't forget to review a little bit of everything, so you don't end up scoring high on what killed you on this exam, but tanking the things you were good with now.

The best bang for your buck in practice exams is going to be Transcender. Other than that, you can take a look at the TechNotes on this site, as well as the sites recommended on that page, to give you a little boost in your studies.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    HemisFearHemisFear Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used:

Sybex MCTS Study Guide: Microsoft Windows Vista Client Configuration
    Exam Cram: Microsoft Windows Vista, Configuring

Practice Exams in the book.
    Practice Exams on the CD.

What is so weird about this is I've been scoring 80% or better with these practice exams. I know how to test, I've taken a billion IT certification exams and I can't figure out how I missed this one.

Oh well, I'll retake it next week.
    ---===The darkest hour is just before the dawn of day===---
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You know, I really feel like Sybex is out of touch with the content on the exam. Or least they don't have the detail they need.

I am probably ditching them at this point, they made a good impression on me for the CCNA and 70-270, but now... not so much.
    -Daniel