Options

Restrict Bandwidth

mitchellislearningmitchellislearning Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey all, my ISP is Hughesnet. Depressing stuff aside, we have three ppl on this connection. my self and on other guy, we do email and forums, but we have a GAMER. Hughesnet only allows you 500 mb a day then u get speeds worse than dialup. my question is how can i restrict this users bandwidth to 350 mb a day so that the rest of us can still connect with some usable speed
The thread itself is weak, its the weave that makes cloth strong.

Comments

• Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Configure his access interface to 10mb half-duplex... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

If that doesn't work, then fire him...
  • Options
    take an axe to his NIC. we are on a home network on a ranch in BF Texas. i have my router info at the bottom. i just went into QoS and set his port to 1M Incoming rate limit. i dont want him to see a speed loss just limit his speed after X MB

Etherfast® Cable/DSL Router BEFSR41v4
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Do you know how much bandwidth he is actually using? I looked around a bit, and it seems most games will only use 20-25mb/hr (at the high end). Obviously, if you add voice and/or video to that, it will be much higher. What games does he play?
  • Options
    mainly that WoW game but all the while his PS3 and XB360 are connected downloading the "IMPORTANT" extra features. this man has no life, no job, and nothing better to do then play games n download CG ****. if his games dont kill it he just goes and watches Newgrounds cartoons.
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    All chip in and change to a normal ISP. One with no limits.

As you all seem to be using it, some more than others maybe, I can't see why that would be a problem.
    Kam.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I may be off base here, but it sounds like you need some kind of quota manager. I think there are router firmware upgrades that do that. Maybe that would get you in the right direction.