Options

Xen App 5 for 2003 CCA Question

bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Just been looking at the new list of Citrix Certs. Looks like the 1YO-259 exam is now used as the Xen App 5 on 2003 CCA. I was going to skip this exam as i'd already done 1Y0-256 but as this exam gets the Xen App 5 CCA as well think I might give it a go.

Is Xen App 5 for 2003 just PS 4.5 rebranded or are there any differences? Couldn't tell from the Citrix website but it looks like the name of the exam has changed, not sure about the content.

I'm going to install PS 4.5 and have a play and maybe start on studying for this cert. Not sure how much of a difference between 4.0 and 4.5 there is? Has anyone used both and do you think its worth doing 259 as well as 256?

I'm going to do the CCA Xen App 5 on windows 2008 at some point but that's going to have to wait until I've finished the MCSA and then probably the MCITP:SA.

Thanks,
Ben

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    bencairney wrote:
    Is Xen App 5 for 2003 just PS 4.5 rebranded or are there any differences? Couldn't tell from the Citrix website but it looks like the name of the exam has changed, not sure about the content.
    Re-branded as the 259 used to just give you a CCA on XenApp 4 (as did 256). Since XenApp 5.0 on 2003 is exactly the same as Presentation Server 4.5 the content is probably the same. At most they would have upgraded the Web Interface and ICA Client questions to account for the new versions.

As for differences between 256 and 259 the biggest areas to focus on would be the changes to the management consoles and the addition of application streaming.
  • Options
    bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    astorrs wrote:
    bencairney wrote:
    Re-branded as the 259 used to just give you a CCA on XenApp 4 (as did 256). Since XenApp 5.0 on 2003 is exactly the same as Presentation Server 4.5 the content is probably the same. At most they would have upgraded the Web Interface and ICA Client questions to account for the new versions.

As for differences between 256 and 259 the biggest areas to focus on would be the changes to the management consoles and the addition of application streaming.

Thanks astorrs. I'll get stared with the Citrix xperiece guide and start using 4.5 on a couple of test servers and see how it goes. May even get to do it for real soon as we got a mail from Citrix today saying 4.0 goes end of life next year so an upgrade will be on the cards hopefully.