Options

Resume critique please...

phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
Could someone please critique? I need to polish this up a bit and start circulating again. Thanks.

critique.jpg
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus

Comments

• Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you should put "School, City, State" first. then instead of sayin "enrolled", you should put "B.S., Technical Management, Concentration in Network & Communitcation Managment; Anticipated Month Year". you also dont need to have your gpa up there...sooooooooo unnecessary.

Also you might want to fix the tenses of ya past experiences. I know its small and minute, but some ppl might have a pet peeve about that...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I am sure you will get some helpful suggestions on how to tighten it up, but I like it. It is better than most of the resumes that get posted on here for review. Nice job and good luck with the job hunt.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Beef up your summary a bit more.

Add an estimated completion date to DeVry.

Some people do like to see a GPA, especially for current students. And since it's good, I don't see any reason why he should remove it.

The tenses jumped out at me too. I would definitely fix that.

Maybe put something like "network applications" instead of FTP. Troubleshooting FTP doesn't sound that impressive, and you probably troubleshot issues related to email applications and web browsers as well.

Try and show what you accomplished with a certain task instead of just saying you did something. For example, instead of saying you created an access database, say how you improved something by creating an access database. Did you improve organization, efficiency, etc.?

No certs!? What's up with that? ;)
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    phantasm wrote:
    Could someone please critique? I need to polish this up a bit and start circulating again. Thanks.

critique.jpg

first few things.. its been a while i have posted in the resume.. but heres my quick read
    on jobs 1 and 2 you don't mention what end user equipment.. some specifics help
    really specifics are missing in the tech jobs
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    I'm working on the above mentioned modifications and had another question. Once I earn a certification, would it be best placed between "Summary" and "Education" or "Education" and "Relevant Coursework."
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    Made some changes. Input is appreciated. Some formatting is lost when image was resized (bold font).

resume.jpg
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I've been down to Melbourne, FL for work a few times. The Space Coast is quiet and relaxing compared to so many other places on the beach. Nice place.

Resume looks good.