Options

Whats Next

dfjamadfjama Banned Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi EveryOne Here

I passed my 70-270 exam @ 952, then some other guys suggested I should make 290 next, so is there any reason to go for 290?

And what is the best way to approach it and approximately how long will the preparations take for this exam?

Cheerz

Comments

• Options
    bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dfjama wrote:
    Hi EveryOne Here

I passed my 70-270 exam @ 952, then some other guys suggested I should make 290 next, so is there any reason to go for 290?

And what is the best way to approach it and approximately how long will the preparations take for this exam?

Cheerz

I think 290 is the best option after passing 270. There is a lot of overlap between the two. I actually found 270 harder. I spent about 4-6 weeks on on this one I think. Prep wise I would suggest the MS press book and cbt nuggets. Also spend a bit of time on labs as there are usually some sims on this one.

Good luck. Nice score on 270.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What are your goals? Are you working towards the MCSA/E?

If so, 290 is the next logical step. I also thought 270 was a bit harder, but it will probably take you the same amount of time, maybe a little less.
  • Options
    amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    With 270 and A+/N+ combo as elective under your belt you are halfway there to MCSA 2003: only 290 and 291 left to go. As 290 is the easier one and overlaps with 270, go for it first.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Go with 290. its a nice exam to "break you in" to the server side of things.

I studied for a month but i had hands on in my job to back it up. Get sum VM's up and running and start playing with the client/server model if you havent done so already.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    dfjamadfjama Banned Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Guys for your suggestions.
    I will start studying 290 and will plan to prepare for about two to three months as I also got some other things to do, but how long microsoft's second shot will be valid?