Options

New Job as a System Administrator with Fox Interactive Media

jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
After a formal face to face interview with their Sr. Network Administrator and Manager, they started negotiating salary right on the spot, I was offered 72K + benefits + 50 $ card every week for meal to start and 78K after 6 months, I took the offer right away, I would definitely take this job anyday even if Dell offered 85 -90 K cause of the fact that I will be able to hone all the skills that I have + other technology that I might be working on.

I was asked that I have to be sure that I will take the job since they will call my house etc. :P, they also mentioned that they are hoping that my other job does not counter offer, with all honesty this is a dream job come true for me, I will be working on Microsoft products and will start as a regular System Administrator, when I actually applied for a Jr. Systems Administrator, I was brought to the HR office and they had me started to fill some disclosure agreement and permission to conduct background.

I am eagerly waiting to receive an email from them, thank you guys your help made this dream come true, my days of fixing jammed papers inside a printer for 5 years is over I've done my share ;) I will keep you guys updated.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!

Its nice to see someone get their dream job. Especially in tough economic times.

Keep us updated on the progress!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    I cannot forget to include this, before the interview I prayed solemnly asked for forgiveness etc. he did granted this prayer this time, it is up to me to study harder and make sure that I come there equipped with knowledge which is something that I will do.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's great news, congratulations!
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    That's great news, congratulations!

Thanks for your help Dyna and everyone, at a point there the guy was throwing some SSH/Telnet and TCP/UDP as well OSI model questions, I coughed out a little on IPsec.
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Best of luck.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
    Congrats man. Putting big names on that resume eh? :P
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    They have a background check for Fox Media? Wow....
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the new job, it sounds like a great opportunity! Good luck with the rest of the process, and keep us updated on how things are going and how you're liking it there. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hey, thats great news. Good luck! icon_cool.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    COngrats Jbaello!

Sounds like a great move and a fantastic wage too! Im sure you will take advantage of it and use it to your full potential.

Well done!

I know it sounds corny but the amount of people around TE who have or have just got there "dream" jobs at a specific point in there career is really inspiring and it goes to show to others that the hard work pays off.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thats fantastic. congrats and good luck!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cool.

Is 78K where you live good or average?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    very nice job indeed, congrats!
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    Mishra wrote:
    Cool.

I am not sure but most contract for sys admin is around 40 $ per hour, it all depends on the experience I would think, Sys Admin is a multi vendor role, including multiple software M$ has, 78K is good you can definitely survive well and even purchase a home I think, maybe JD can let us know since he is from LA/OC as well.
  • Options
    jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the new job
  • Options
    kerbydoggkerbydogg Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    /cheer
    WIP: can't decide.
  • Options
    jbaello wrote:
    Mishra wrote:
    Cool.

I am not sure but most contract for sys admin is around 40 $ per hour, it all depends on the experience I would think, Sys Admin is a multi vendor role, including multiple software M$ has, 78K is good you can definitely survive well and even purchase a home I think, maybe JD can let us know since he is from LA/OC as well.

Just on the other hand, I have seen multiple Sys Admin role that also pays 85 - 90K but it requires travelling. It all really depends, I just think the base is reasonable, perhaps people from Cali can give us their opinion.
  • Options
    It's now Ironclad after I ask Dyna to redo my counter offer letter of 73K instead cause I would almost be making the same with my old job, they came back and offered 75K and a review after 6 months will potentially bump it close to 80K, I already got all the go ahead from everyone just the background which still gives me the hibee jeebee's but I think it's good to go, I just got a congratulation letter from them.

Also dthey are offering 4000 $ rebate if you purchase a hybrid after 6 months, all certifications are 100 % reimbursed and college/masters/PHD is 60 % reimbursed.

I will not fail :)
  • Options
    I am wrapping up all my projects with my current job icon_sad.gif I will miss them, but the experience is way too importantn...
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    jbaello wrote:
    I am wrapping up all my projects with my current job icon_sad.gif I will miss them, but the experience is way too importantn...

Hey that is a great position to be in. When most people leave their job they are happy to be leaving icon_lol.gif
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    jbaello wrote:
    I cannot forget to include this, before the interview I prayed solemnly asked for forgiveness etc. he did granted this prayer this time, it is up to me to study harder and make sure that I come there equipped with knowledge which is something that I will do.

Give yourself some credit, Jesus probably didn't know how to subnet or use SSH, so you likely got the job all by yourself. Congrats.
  • Options
    LarryDaMan wrote:
    jbaello wrote:

Give yourself some credit, Jesus probably didn't know how to subnet or use SSH, so you likely got the job all by yourself. Congrats.

Lawl
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!