Options

Best Study guide for CCNP

RejimonRejimon Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Which is the Best Study guide for BSCI and BCMSN icon_cry.gif

Tell me the author name icon_lol.gif
An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The latest self study guides. The exam cert books compliment them very well too.

The self study guides are more in depth and are good for those learning the material from scratch whereas the exam cert guide are more of a review for the exam.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    JohnDouglasJohnDouglas Member Posts: 186
    nuggets are good to get started with too. at least the guy makes the stuff sounds interesting. i'm going to go with watching the nuggets, perhaps trainsignal videos too, then hit the relevant chapter in the self-study guides. will also do the the chapter from the lab portfolio too. then, once i've been through the whole book i'll revise with the exam cert guide. the exam cert guide is nice and concise i thought - but apparently not enough to pass.
  • Options
    mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
    I just recertified my CCNP by taking the BCMSN course and exam.

At least for the BCMSN - the Nuggets and Cisco Press Exam Cert guide are both helpful, but I did not find them sufficient by themselves.

There is a lot of content presented in the Cisco official curriculum that I would recommend having access to in order to have a good shot at passing the exam.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Rejimon wrote:
    Tell me the author name icon_lol.gif
    If I tell you the author(s) name(s) you'll know the books for just 2 of the exams.

But if I give you a link to the Cisco Press CCNP web page you'll have links to all the suggested Cisco Press books (and Reference Sheets and Lab Portfolios).

Hum.... or I could just mention the CCNP FAQ which has that link and more.....
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    kingpinofdiskskingpinofdisks Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can't find a book that totally 100% covered the one test I have taken so far - ISCW.

My approach is to use the self-study guide as a 'starter' point. I take each topic and explore it further using google. This seems to work best for me.

The lab books I just bought are fantastic for self-study.

Actually, for self study, the list seems short:

- read the appropriate self-study guide
    - expand on each topic with google searches
    - go thru the labs in the lab guides

I was using an online rack rental place for all my study, but am now using it only for switching type of stuff. Dynamips is my new best friend for non-switching labs.

BCSI in a week or so!!!