CBT nugget video issue

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone had the issue where the video does not display on vista? it works OK on an xp machine but the nuggets interface complains it cant find the internet even when i am connected and using the internet icon_scratch.gif

thought it may be a codec but i installed a codec pack and still no luck. the audio is there though. Tried this in wmp vlc etc.
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    Is there anything in the support section at CBT Nuggets' Web site about Vista playback issues?
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, it says install the latest drivers which i have done.

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    I have played CBT Nuggets fine on Vista so im not sure what issues you are having?

Have you updated recently?

Im not sure but I havent always used Nuggets on a machine connecting to the internet?

If you browse the directory on the CD and locate the videos in the Files folder can you run them seperately?
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
    Yeah ive tried using vlc etc like i said and still no luck which is why i thought it may have been a codec or something.

My vista is fully patched but i dont know if it worked before hand as i only got my vaio from work the other day and obviously didnt use it before then.

i installed k-lite codec pack like i said before and when i use there wm classic player it works fine when i access the vids locally but still doesnt on vlc,wmp etc - either when you open the vids directly or through the interface