Options

Is knowing 70-620 enough to pass 70-621?

I ask because, in the TechNotes section, it indicates the 620 objectives are the same as the 621 objectives. If so, then apparently the 621 exam only covers what the MCDTS exams do not ??? (applicable to Vista).

Comments

• Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The 70-621 exam is a combination of both the 70-620 and the 70-622. From other people's posts in terms of comparisons, it is a 35% 70-620 and 65% 70-622 split. Give or take 5%-8%. That's just from people's impressions, there is not exact figure. Since the questions are pulled from an pool, you won't know what you get anyways.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you have to have ya MCDST first before you can take the 621....otherwise, just take the 620 & 622...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
    I don't mean to Hijack the thread (sorry kctxau), but I'm kinda in the same boat. I have 2 vouchers from work that need to be used in 2 weeks. I have been studying for 620 for almost 2 weeks now and have been using vista on & off since it came out. I am planning on taking both 620 & 621 since I have my MCDST. My questions are: Should I fair well on 621 by my studies of 620, work exp. and knowledge of the MCDST exams (621 is an upgrade exam, it looks like they more or less have the same objectives except that it focus in Vista & not XP)? Also, if I pass both exams on the 1st try (I signed up for 2nd Shot offer), do I become both a MCTS & MCITP: EST?

Thanks in advance!
    Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
    - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Why are you taking both? You can use 621 anywhere 620 is called out (i.e. for MCITP: Enterprise Admin). And yes, an MCDST with 621 will give you an MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician as well as MCTS.
  • Options
    jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
    dynamik wrote:
    Why are you taking both? You can use 621 anywhere 620 is called out (i.e. for MCITP: Enterprise Admin). And yes, an MCDST with 621 will give you an MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician as well as MCTS.

Thanks for ruining my weekend!
    I come here looking for help & this is what you do? .../sarcasm

Just Kidding! Thanks, but now I have a dilemma. I can take 621 get my MCTS & MCITP:EST, but what exam should I take now with the other voucher?
    How about 623? If I do, what credentials do I end up with if I pass them both? MCTS,MCITP:EST & MCITP:CST?

Thanks again!
    Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
    - Master Yoda
  • Options
    You could do that if you want. What are your goals? I'm not sure how much the CST will help you out. How do the vouchers work? Do you actually have to take the exam by the time they expire, or do you just need to register for an exam by the time they expire? You can usually keep rescheduling an exam for up to a year. You might want to look into the terms and schedule your next exam a couple of months out.