Options

INTRO 640-821 + ICND2 640-816 = CCNA?

evianevian Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Wonder if anyone can help me. Last September I passed the INTRO 640-821 exam. This was back when the CCNA was split into two parts, CCNA1&2 and CCNA3&4. The INTRO 640-821 exam represented CCNA1&2.

Now that this has been replaced with ICND 1 and 2, what i need to know is whether my passed INTRO exam will count as the newly restructured ICND1? So that If I pass my ICND2 exam (640-816) it will that, combined with the old INTRO exam (640-821) still count as a full CCNA?

any help appreciated

Comments

• Options
    JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    Intro doesn't = ICND1, if you wanted your CCNA you would need to write both the new ICND1 and ICND2.

You may still be able to write the old CCNA test if you completed the networking academy but I'm not totally sure of when the ability to do that expires, you may want to check out cisco's site.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hmm, im not sure. Ive checked the cisco site its 822 and 816 you require for a ccna (2 exam path). doesnt mention the old track:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le9/learning_certification_type_home.html

I know for other exam tracks they usually gave you a set date before you cant use that exam towards the track anymore and if you look at the cisco site it says your intro exam is now expired.

Did you take this as part of the cisco academy? as i know they were allowed to use previous exams for a longer period than us normal folk i think.

But maybe someone could clarify this?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    I am part of the network academy and thats where I did my learning for the INTRO exam, however im sure the 640-821 INTRO exam was the standard exam for the first part of the CCNA. It's only within the last year which the ICND1 & 2 came in.

Really hope I don't have to take both exams! icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    I've had a thorough look around the cisco website and I found this on my certifications page:

ccnaan6.th.jpgthpix.gif

which suggests that I need EITHER the Intro exam or the ICND1 :D

Thanks for the help. Still if anyone knows for certain that this is the case then i'll be glad to hear from you!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    excellent. thanks alot! :D
  • Options
    JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    Wow I was dead wrong on that one :P, good news for you!
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    kelargokelargo Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can get your CCNA with both INTRO and ICND2.
    But you will not get the CCENT from taking the INTRO.
  • Options
    moss123456789moss123456789 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys,

Sorry to re-open this old post again. I have finished INTRO on 2006 I just want to re-confirm if I can go for ICND2 (640-816) with old INTRO, as I want to get it over with before 31st of Sept.

Thanks Kindly
  • Options
    MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    Hey Guys,

Sorry to re-open this old post again. I have finished INTRO on 2006 I just want to re-confirm if I can go for ICND2 (640-816) with old INTRO, as I want to get it over with before 31st of Sept.

Thanks Kindly

INTRO was replaced with CCENT. Assuming the same time frame it would have expired three years later. At this point; you would need to re-take both CCENT (ICND1) & ICND2.
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)