Options

Please Advise

examseekerexamseeker Member Posts: 118
Hey guys:

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I would like to ask for your advice. The CCNP is my goal as soon as I can do it. The problem is I have to save money to build a home lab and buy the study literature. I plan on starting next year on this goal.

Would the CCNA:Sec be worth going for in the meantime? Too bad it does not count for the ISCW.

Thanks,
es
icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    The CCNA:Sec is $250USD compared to the CCNP tests which are $150USD each. If the CCNP is your goal then there is no sense going for the CCNA:Sec yet as it will get you sidetracked. The CCNA:Sec and the ISCW are quite similar in many ways.. but the CCNA:Sec adds mroe security theory and some other things where as ISCW has MPLS.. etc. If you really are interested in security, then go for the CCNA:Sec and then finish out the CCSP.. but again if your goal is the CCNP the CCNA:Sec may just get in the way at this stage.. why not just focus on the BSCI? There are a TON of concepts to absorb as well as a TON to lab.. so maybe in the meantime while your absorbing the concepts you can save money for a lab... or check out rack rentals.. they are fairly cheap these days.
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i agree start on the CCNP now. Like plazma said, there is a ton of reading to do.

Get cracking! besides for the bsci you could probably use dynamips until you sort a lab
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking