Options

taking this test soon

theICEtheICE Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok i just passed my network+ and now moving on to this while all the material is fresh from the network+. Anyway i got Sybex study guide 2nd edition by david groth and i was wondering what else i will need to study to cover this exam because i want to be prepared going into this exam. Also after i take a rest after i get this one what are some good server+ books. I heard server+ certfication bible and sybex server+ study guide where pretty good. So i would apperciate anyones thoughts on this book and any advice!

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    This my take on some Server+ exam guides.

My favorite manual is Server+ Certification Training Guide by Jernigan. It's from New Riders publications. Second in line is Exam Prep series from Coriolis, Server+. I started like I start all my studies with a Dummies book--Server+ Certification for Dummies. I also had All-in-One Server+ certification Exam Guide by, Bigelow. Bigelow will always stay in my library because he is so thorough and detailed, but I had to stop about half-way through because it got so boring, but his chapters on SCSI and RAID are top notch--not to be ignored. I skimmed a bit in the M$ Press book on Server+, but didn't care for it.

Transcenders gives you a good taste of the actual form of the exam, but AIO, Coriolis, and New Riders all have good example exams on the CD's too. Dummies has an exam on CD, but I never could pass it...don't know where it came from.

Best of luck on i-Net+!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    theICEtheICE Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice i appercaite it!