Options

Update on TWTC job

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
So as many of you know I was offered a job with Time Warner to work on there IP backbone in there top teir support. We'll in this process I passed the JNCIE-M exam and so I asked TW if they could give me a higher base salary. It had been a little bit since I heard back from them so I called to see what was up. The recuriter who I talked to let me know that since I passed the IE exam they wanted to put me in a higher position to fully utilize my skills and raise my base salary a bit. The package went from 87k to 93.5k and the new position will be opening in a few weeks.

Not a bad deal at all if I say so myself :D

Also, on a side note I am interviewing with Juniper for a Resident Engineer position in NJ. Just had the first interview and it went really well, second one will be coming shortly.

I'm so glad I got into Juniper equipment, things are looking very different from what they did a year and a half ago :D
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's awesome! I'm looking forward to where you end up after another 18 months ;)
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man,

have you only been working on juniper for the last 18 months? icon_eek.gif
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats on all the good fortune!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    nel wrote:

Isn't that insane? Smarty Pants over there even set a record!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Well there are only about five people certified on Juniper equipment so the positions are just falling out of the sky icon_lol.gif

Just kidding.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    nel wrote:

Thanks for all the congrats guys and yup, I've only been working with Juniper products for 1 1/2 years, hell I've only be doing networking for that long :D I still feel like such a newb, I'm always working with ppl who have been working in the field for 10+ years...

-Bender
  • Options
    Well there are only about five people certified on Juniper equipment so the positions are just falling out of the sky icon_lol.gif

Just kidding.

well you know you do have a point, Juniper has been selling like crazy, they're ending this year at 2 B revenue and are projected to end 2009 at 8 B revenue. Tons of Juniper routers/equipment out there and very few ppl to work them.

Anybody want to jump on the Juniper wagon with me :D

-Bender
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats holmes!!!
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Aldur wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    nel wrote:

Thanks for all the congrats guys and yup, I've only been working with Juniper products for 1 1/2 years, hell I've only be doing networking for that long :D I still feel like such a newb, I'm always working with ppl who have been working in the field for 10+ years...

Jeez man,

Honestly hat off to you. What's your secret? icon_wink.gif ...no seriously! :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    BradleyHU wrote:
    congrats holmes!!!

Odele, holmes is the Juniper Medo-Medo Chingon!
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    As someone who lives in NJ allow me to warn you before moving here (if you don't already live here). One, we have a very large cost of living! Two, property taxes are high. Three, car insurance is high. Four, tolls are going up and its a pain! Other then that feel free to come on over! But seriously, all these factors should be considered when taking a job here. If you don't live here, lemme know where you are thinking of living so maybe I can point you in the right direction. I live in South Jersey, but I have family in North Jersey.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Yay! People are paying attention to you! :)

Congrats on your skyrocketing on up in the world!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    the_Grinch wrote:
    As someone who lives in NJ allow me to warn you before moving here (if you don't already live here). One, we have a very large cost of living! Two, property taxes are high. Three, car insurance is high. Four, tolls are going up and its a pain! Other then that feel free to come on over! But seriously, all these factors should be considered when taking a job here. If you don't live here, lemme know where you are thinking of living so maybe I can point you in the right direction. I live in South Jersey, but I have family in North Jersey.

Thanks for the insights, and your very right, the cost of living in NJ is crazy, I ran some figures and found that to match the 93k at TW in Co I would need to pull in 115k in NJ.

Also the position would be in Middletown, know the place?
    undomiel wrote:
    Yay! People are paying attention to you! :)

lol undomiel, i thought that would be the best avatar for a forum :D

-Bender
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    I currently live in NJ myself. Middletown NJ is a extremely nice area
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not a horrible place to be and large police force so shouldn't have any issues!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff