Options

The journey is complete...

jezg76jezg76 Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the ONT today (by a single ball hair) so I have attained the CCNP certification. What a long 11+ months...

I got my CCNA on December 21, 2007 and promptly dove into the BSCI a few days later (much to my wife's dismay). Here is a look back into time...
================================================================================
BSCI (642-901)
09-Apr-2008
Score: 877
================================================================================
Implement EIGRP operations				                                       88%
Implement multiarea OSPF operations			                                 90%
Describe integrated IS-IS				                                        71%
Implement Cisco IOS routing features			                               100%
Implement BGP for enterprise ISP connectivity                                72%
Implement multicast forwarding				                                   75%
Implement IPv6						                                             75%
ISCW (642-825)
20-Jun-2008
Score: 1000
Implement basic teleworker services			                                100%
Implement Frame-Mode MPLS			                                          100%
Implement a site-to-site IPSec VPN		                                    100%
Describe network security strategies			                               100%
Implement Cisco Device Hardening                                            100%
Implement Cisco IOS firewall				                                    100%
Describe and configure Cisco IOS IPS                                        100%
BCMSN (642-812)
12-Sep-2008
Score: 875
Implement VLANs			                                                    100%
Conduct the operation of Spanning Tree protocols in a hierarchical network   88%
Implement Inter-VLAN routing		                                           80%
Implement gateway redundancy technologies			                          100%
Describe and configure wireless client access                                70%
Describe and configure security features in a switched network 				  71%
Configure support for voice                                                  66%
ONT (642-845)
04-Nov-2008
Score: 792
Describe Cisco VoIP implementations			                                 69%
Describe QoS considerations                                                  78%
Describe DiffServ QoS implementations		                                  92%
Implement AutoQoS			                                                   63%
Implement WLAN security and management                                       46%

There you have it. I passed by 2 points. When I saw the score I didn't know whether to faint or puke. Very disappointing.

I learned a very valuable lesson from Mr. ONT today. Never, ever, ever judge a book by its cover, or, more specifically, by its thickness. I got the Cisco Press Exam Guide and was like, "Haha...wtf is this thing?" I also used CBTNuggz and various other readings and still got my ass handed to me. I did kind of rush this one as the voucher I bought was only good until 6Nov2008 and there was nothing available at the test center where I go except for today.

Wireless got me and knew it would. I just don't have access to any kind of eqipment, but a 46%?! Haha! Not sure how I passed with those scores, but, as the old saying goes, "..a pass is a pass". Wireless how I loathe thee...

My goal was to do one every 3 months this year and I did stay on pace. Like I said, 2 months definitely was not enough for the ONT. I applaud you folks who can knock these out in weeks.

Anyway, I want to thank the folks of this board. Lots of people much smarter than I in here. Lots of good material to chew on.

Next up you ask? Well, I am going to prepare for a work-paid-for boot camp for the Security+ in early December, while starting the QoS (642-642) exam. I did read the Wendell Odom QoS book in prep for the ONT, so I have a good head start. After that I'll try BGP and MPLS for the CCIP. After that I'm not sure...

Once again, thank you all!

By the way, did I say how much I hate wireless? :)
policy-map type inspect TACO
class type inspect BELL
drop log

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It sounds like the journey is just getting started ;)

Nice job, congratulations!
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats man. good job sticking with it!
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Well done!!!!

and I too will add that the journey is just beginning mate!!! :) I'll be joining this club on the 17th of this month (fingers crossed)....

once again well done and look forward to catching up and testing each others knowledge in the CCIP forums :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Congrats!
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the NP!!
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    COngrats man!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    nice score on the iscw and congrats on the pass
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Very well done, bro.

Heck of a pace too. Good for you for sticking with it.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    holy crap great job! wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
  • Options
    wat08wat08 Member Posts: 128
    Man, you're a killer...that's quite the condensed schedule for four exams. Congratulations!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats man!

Can't wait to celebrate my CCNP. Its been a long road with many detours for me. I applaud you for staying on course!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    MACattackMACattack Member Posts: 121
    Congrats...

It seems you are a very fast learner.....

Got to finish NP before end of the year 2008...
  • Options
    jezg76jezg76 Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I thank you all for the congratulates. It is greatly appreciated.
    policy-map type inspect TACO
    class type inspect BELL
    drop log
  • Options
    wat08wat08 Member Posts: 128
    Oh, and responding to the thread topic: you're journey is certainly not complete. Methinks the CCDP demands your attention next.
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    wat08 wrote:
    Oh, and responding to the thread topic: you're journey is certainly not complete. Methinks the CCDP demands your attention next.

+1..your professional development never ends! Although technically it'd be the CCDA..then CCDP.
  • Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    Dude that's awesome. Congratulamente!

I need to suck in some inspiration from you because I'm still stuck on BSCI for a little over 4 months now. By the looks of it, I may have to wait a couple more months before I feel I can be ready. Oh how I envy those who have their brain cells aligned rightly... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread