Options

Got my Cert!

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Today it finally arrived in the mail! Cert was much better then my Security+ (came on a thicker piece of 8 by 11 instead of just regular printer paper). But what I was most impressed with was the wallet card they issued! It was plastic like my drivers license. It's a swipe-able card so do I get access to like the bat cave or something?
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    mattrgeemattrgee Member Posts: 201
    Well done dude!

Good feeling getting that first Cisco certificate through the post eh?

When do you plan to do ICND2? Don't leave it too long like I did, have a week off and keep on rolling!
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm starting to study today for ICND2. I took about two weeks off just to catch up on some college work I had to finish up. Hoping to take the exam sometime in December, no free second chance so I gotta pass the first time!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job, Congratulations!
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Congratz man.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    examseekerexamseeker Member Posts: 118
    Yes, what do the plastic cards give you access to? lol

icon_lol.gif

Congrats and good luck on the ICND2!!
  • Options
    I know one day I am going to walk down a street and see a misplaced Cisco sign over a door. There will be a key card access and I will swipe my card. Inside I will find either strippers or The Architect!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    I got my CCENT/card in the mail yesterday too :)
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    How long did it take to get to you?

I've been waiting 5 weeks now..
  • Options
    JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    Check the cisco cert tracking website for the date it was mailed. Mine says it was officially mailed on the 15th of october. I have heard it is not uncommon for it to go over 1 month for the cert to be received after the date mailed.
  • Options
    mjonesmjones Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What advice would you give to those (like myself) who are currently studying for the CCENT? What materials did you use? icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    Todd Lammle CCENT Book (I have the CCNA book as well, but I wanted to make sure everything was updated)
    CBT Nuggets (Best resource known to man!)
    Train Signal (Didn't use this a ton, but for some topics I touched it for a better explanation)
    CCENT Exam Cram (I thought this book was great and each chapter is short. Great refresher to look at a week before the exam. Buy the CCNA because it included CCENT in it)
    Packet Tracer 5.0

Tips for the exam is know your commands and subnetting. There is a ton of subnetting on the exam and while I didn't do great on it, getting a 0% there will kill you! Beyond that I have taken multiple networking courses, some in basic setup, and then some in security which cemented what I already knew. I did find in my network security courses that I was able to answer a lot more questions for the course due to studying for the CCENT. Good luck!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff