Options

The wait is over! I found my perfect position!

scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
I finally got my chance! My first day on the job will be Wed the 12th working for the local telco with the title of Network Surveillance Data Technician. Lots of cool benefits too that I am excited about. Only IT position that I have ever heard about being union though. I think that should be interesting. Funny thing is that ever since I have interviewed with them I have been getting calls from other recruiters nonstop about a job with their competitor. Anyways, I just thought I would let you all know and reaffirm what I have been reading here. Stick with it and you will eventually get your chance!
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations! Good luck with the new job. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!

let us know how it goes!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Congrats!
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!

That is an interesting job title you got there. Would you mind giving us a little insight to what you will be doing?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The wait is over! I found my perfect position!

That's what she said...

Seriously though, I'm glad to see you've finally got something permanent. It seems like you've been looking for quite awhile. How're the eyes doing, btw?
  • Options
    Congrats!

That is an interesting job title you got there. Would you mind giving us a little insight to what you will be doing?

Thanks guys! And yeah, it is an interesting title. From what I have been told I sit in a NOC and watch the pretty colors... Besides that I was told "basic interface commands". I was also told they are looking to fill the positions they have (due to promotions) quickly because they are getting ready to do something completely new for them and they would like to get people trained on the old stuff first.

Also at first I was told they didn't even want to really talk to me as they felt I was extremely overqualified, but since I had a good recruiter and they did talk to me I was able to talk them into giving me a chance. What they were really afraid of is that I would be there only a short time and move on since I already have my CCNP.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:

That's what she said... How're the eyes doing, btw?

Why did I see that coming? :P

And they are the same really, been in twice in the past month and they want to wait another 4 weeks before they do anything. I still see double and driving at night I am blinded even by low beams. They have at least admitted that there is still a prescription and an astigmatism.
  • Options
    aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Also at first I was told they didn't even want to really talk to me as they felt I was extremely overqualified, but since I had a good recruiter and they did talk to me I was able to talk them into giving me a chance. What they were really afraid of is that I would be there only a short time and move on since I already have my CCNP.

Getting certs is a double edged sword it seems!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    im really glad you finally nailed a permanent position!!! congrats!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Scheister icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    MCPWannabeMCPWannabe Member Posts: 194
    I finally got my chance! My first day on the job will be Wed the 12th working for the local telco with the title of Network Surveillance Data Technician. Lots of cool benefits too that I am excited about. Only IT position that I have ever heard about being union though. I think that should be interesting. Funny thing is that ever since I have interviewed with them I have been getting calls from other recruiters nonstop about a job with their competitor. Anyways, I just thought I would let you all know and reaffirm what I have been reading here. Stick with it and you will eventually get your chance!

Congraulations, you deserve it! Well Done.
    I've escaped call centers and so can you! Certification Trail and mean pay job offers for me: A+ == $14, Net+==$16, MCSA==$20-$22, MCAD==$25-$30, MCSD -- $40, MCT(Development), MCITP Business Intelligence, MCPD Enterprise Applications Developer -- $700 a Day
  • Options
    banderas1978banderas1978 Member Posts: 189
    I like the title of this thread. I am gonna post a similar one soon hopefully...
    I meant to say congratulations, mate!!!
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□