Microsoft won't stop calling

MCPWannabeMCPWannabe Member Posts: 194
So, I downloaded some trial software off the Microsoft site -- Visual Studio Express 2008. Now, I'm getting hit by sales calls from 1-800-215-0948 begging me to buy something.

It must be getting hard to get sales in this present economy because I've downloaded plenty of trial software from Microsoft and never had this happen.

Just wondering if there is any way to stop this and still download new trial software when it comes out or are we doomed to a fate of try out Microsoft Software and experience loads of telemarketing.
I've escaped call centers and so can you! Certification Trail and mean pay job offers for me: A+ == $14, Net+==$16, MCSA==$20-$22, MCAD==$25-$30, MCSD -- $40, MCT(Development), MCITP Business Intelligence, MCPD Enterprise Applications Developer -- $700 a Day

Comments

• bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't put my real phone number on anything unless I want them to be able to call me. Most of them get my work fax number so that they get a nice loud fax tone when they try to call.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A company must legally take you off their phone list for telemarketing if you ask them to.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • deadpool287deadpool287 Member Posts: 113
    royal wrote:
    A company must legally take you off their phone list for telemarketing if you ask them to.

^^^Confirmed
  • pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    That is funny bwcarty because I have done the same thing when I was doing work as a Microsoft consultant and called them for customers. they probably try you once with the fax in their ear and get the hint. Fax number works great when they demand a number and you don't want calls.

You could always try to put your number on the donotcall.gov site and then when they call tell them you are registered and do not accept calls. It may scare them off.

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You could always try to put your number on the donotcall.gov site and then when they call tell them you are registered and do not accept calls. It may scare them off.

When you do business with someone, they are allowed to call you even if you're on the do not call list. Just do what I said and they'll stop calling.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks