Options

Would you rather have Cisco certification or a girlfriend?

wat08wat08 Member Posts: 128
Am I the only lonely, pale-faced, computer science nerd with the dreaded "single" label? I love Cisco, but studying would be SO much easier if I had support from someone other than my immediate family.

I guess the plus side is that with enough hard work and dedication I'll someday have enough money to purchase the woman of my dreams. That's how it works right? :)

Comments

• Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCNA will last longer.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    Is that an exclusive OR?

The woman of your dreams is on sale?! icon_rolleyes.gif

<borat>Very niiice, how much?</borat>
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    wat08 wrote:
    I love Cisco, but studying would be SO much easier if I had support from someone other than my immediate family.

HA! That's funny, like a GF would allow you to have time for yourself to study! icon_lol.gif
    Partially kidding of course.... I say partially, because a new relationship starting out usually requires so much attention that you won't have any time for study.
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I really wish I could put the response that I want to....

But I'll say it in a PG-rated way...

I'd rather have one of the things that comes with some girlfriends in a no-strings-attached and cost-free manner, than either of the choices given....

Then again, I'm pretty sure that my wife would be contrary to any of these options...

MS
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just put some makeup and a wig on a router of your choice and then *BAM* you kill two birds with one stone.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    Gives a new meaning to interface FastEthernet0/0
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    Just put some makeup and a wig on a router of your choice and then *BAM* you kill two birds with one stone.

Yes and a woman doesn't have 48 useable ports!... icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    LarryDaMan wrote:
    BeaverC32 wrote:

Yes and a woman doesn't have 48 useable ports! Only 3... icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

and one of them you can never shutdown
  • Options
    MonkeyBoltMonkeyBolt Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A girlfriend who's mega rich would be nice :P
    Aston Villa FC
    Pride Of The Midlands

"Because you can read this thank a teacher, because it's in English thank a soldier"
  • Options
    nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
    I may be lucky, but my girlfriend is all about letting me take as much time for studying as I want. That may be because she is going to school too, but it still works out:).

N
  • Options
    TonyDuffyTonyDuffy Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dude.

I'd much rather have a cisco cert , women are to much work.
    Keep Studying.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Girlfriend. I'm sick of the wife's nagging...
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TonyDuffy wrote:
    Dude.

I'd much rather have a cisco cert , women are to much work.

+100
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cisco cert... I need to recertify my wife much more often than every 3 years.
  • Options
    averyjasaveryjas Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Silence is golden. I'll take the Cisco cert! :)
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Don't worry, I'm single too!

I'd take the Cisco Cert any day of the week. What women can you start up to have fun, shutdown when it's annoying, smack when it doesn't work, and doesn't speak?

P.S. I would never hit a women, but it was good for the joke!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm divorce my ex. wife was a nagger who like swallowed a megaphone she's like a DJ/Auctioneer, if your single you can find alot of time studying and no one would complain, ofcourse always good to have an understanding GF, if I ever become single I will surely knock out every certification and be a ninja, but ofcourse I can date whoever I want and just be single and have fun, there's ups and down to both situations, but what's for sure is if I knock out all this cert and get my S5 those chicks will notice me...
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    hmm..

Cisco = Money = Women? I'd say take your router out for dinner and movie.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,045 Admin
    dynamik wrote:
    What'll'ya do when the girlfriend starts to nag? Back to the 6500 with the blond wig you'll go... icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JDMurray wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    What'll'ya do when the girlfriend starts to nag? Back to the 6500 with the blond wig you'll go... icon_lol.gif

Not if it comes with her: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/ icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    Or Cindy Goodwin. Smoking hot CCIE R&S, CCIE Voice, CISSP....
  • Options
    jbaello wrote:
    I'm divorce my ex. wife was a nagger who like swallowed a megaphone she's like a DJ/Auctioneer, if your single you can find alot of time studying and no one would complain, ofcourse always good to have an understanding GF, if I ever become single I will surely knock out every certification and be a ninja, but ofcourse I can date whoever I want and just be single and have fun, there's ups and down to both situations, but what's for sure is if I knock out all this cert and get my S5 those chicks will notice me...

I'm never going to look like I'm made of money....I want a chick with a brain. If they don't notice that, then you'll likely get sick of their stupidity/crap anyway....
  • Options
    datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
    CCNP all the way does she have a CCSP for a sister???...hmmmmm that CRS-1 Carrier Routing system is drop dead sexy at 2:00am as you try to work through a problem.
    Arrakis
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    BeaverC32 wrote:

HAHAHA !

wat08 -
    Things will happen when they happen in life like a GF, wife, kids. That is the way of it.
    Life and studying/working are not mutually exclusive and you would be pretty much "Jack the dull boy" if you did do it that way. You can't put the rest of your life on hold just because your studying. What happens when you get the cert and start going for the next one, and the next one and the next one... ?

In logical terms, AND is good. OR only leads to regret !

Find a happy balance in all things and you end up having a fulfilling life.
    { I am really starting to sound old these days }
    Kam.
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CCIE > Girlfriend
  • Options
    This thread is getting a little nutty.

Yesterday driving home from the post office, a beautiful young latina girl in tiny pink shorts was running on the sidewalk along side the road. As perfect timing would have it, she stopped at the stop sign just seconds before I stopped and began stretching. She was touching her toes in a long stretch while facing directly away from my vehicle in those tiny pink shorts. (reads like the beginning of a Penthouse story, but it is true.)

At that very moment, a friggin CISCO certification was the last thing on my mind. I would have given two top-of-the-line routers and one switch for 5 minutes with her. :P

Most of you are just choosing CISCO because you have never been in the same room with a girl, right? icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    LarryDaMan wrote:
    Most of you are just choosing CISCO because you have never been in the same room with a girl, right? icon_wink.gif

I assure you quite the opposite my friend :)

Besides, unless you acted on that impulse, you still went home to the routers, am I right? Beggars can't be choosers..

Although I joke about chosing cisco over a girl..they can coexist..and very well icon_cool.gif I don't know about all that marriage stuff though icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
    LarryDaMan wrote:

Yesterday driving home from the post office, a beautiful young latina girl in tiny pink shorts was running on the sidewalk along side the road. As perfect timing would have it, she stopped at the stop sign just seconds before I stopped and began stretching. She was touching her toes in a long stretch while facing directly away from my vehicle in those tiny pink shorts. (reads like the beginning of a Penthouse story, but it is true.)

At that very moment, a friggin CISCO certification was the last thing on my mind. I would have given two top-of-the-line routers and one switch for 5 minutes with her. :P

hmmm, doesn't DC have a 1-20 AIDS rate...? no thank you. But Md is known for illegal **** sites...so who am i to say...Mutants...
    Arrakis
  • Options
    datchcha wrote:
    LarryDaMan wrote:

hmmm, doesn't DC have a 1-20 AIDS rate...? no thank you. But Md is known for illegal **** sites...so who am i to say...Mutants...

1. AIDS is a myth, do you know someone with AIDS? icon_wink.gif kidding
    2. What is an "illegal **** site"?
    3. I am just a harmless married dude who happens to leer at young unsuspecting joggers who bend over in front of my car in tiny shorts.
  • Options
    Can't say I blame you larry