Options

Degree's & Certifications = Certs into credit hours?

aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a question.. well a few questions...

1. Do any of our certifications transfer into credit hours?
2. Are those "earn a degree online" add's I used to see on this site for real?

I'm thinking about maybe going for an AA degree after I finish up my MCSA? I'm thinking there must be some others out there that did something similar? I'm seriously thinking about doing an AA online and it'd be nice if any of the certificates I'll pick up along the way to MCSA could transfer.

thanks! :D

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is up to the school if they accept them for credit and how. The school were I went for my Associates accepted a number of my exams for credit. Every school may do it a little differently. Others may not do it at all.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Davenport University can take certs and give you credit for it.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Excellent, thanks for the info. I'll check Davenport and I'll also check around out there see who's giving what for what!
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My school use to take every cert you had and made them credits. But now you can only eliminate 3 courses with certs. But if you have MCSA/SE it will definitely get raid of two. CCNA would get raid of two. Security+ would eliminate one, Server+ one, A+ would do two, Network+ is one, and I believe that's it. They'll also take just about every credits from an Associates degree. But they are expensive! Drexel....
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff