CISSP Boot Camp

zenlakinzenlakin Member Posts: 104
Hello all. I have been reading over the CISSP material for a couple of months now and my employer has just made it a requirement for all of us in the Security Operations Center to become CISSP certified and they are going to also send us to a boot camp if we would like. I figure if they are going to pay for it I might as well take advantage. My question though is of those of you who have gone through a boot camp, what ones would you recommend? Thanks.

Comments

• LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I attended a TrainingCamp bootcamp which as it turns out was just an ISC2 Official Review Seminar with added hotel and food accommodations. It was good, but just a review, you must study a lot prior to attending.

Use the "search" function in these forums and also at www.cccure.org and you will find a lot of info on bootcamps. For the CISSP, there is no such thing as a "bootcamp" in the traditional sense of the word. If you don't do any prior studying, you will fail.

Good luck.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    zenlakin wrote:
    Hello all. I have been reading over the CISSP material for a couple of months now and my employer has just made it a requirement for all of us in the Security Operations Center to become CISSP certified and they are going to also send us to a boot camp if we would like. I figure if they are going to pay for it I might as well take advantage. My question though is of those of you who have gone through a boot camp, what ones would you recommend? Thanks.

Im not sure too many on here have attended anything like that but you might get some feedback about them. I understand the CISSP covers a lot of material so I wouldn't expect even a week long camp to get you to the required standard to pass the exam unless you have done significant reading prior to the class. A class may be useful to bring your efforts together in that regard and to highlight areas you need to work harder on as well as offer an opportunity to have an instructor help you make better sense of some topics you are struggling with. That depends on the quality of the instructor, size of class, format. Then again if it's a CISSP mill with the answers to the real test thrown in..

A number of folks on here are actively working very hard to pass this qualification so you should get some good advice based on their endless hours of preparation.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I'd also strongly suggest that you get on the www.cccure.org Web site and start reading through the postings in their CISSP forums.