Options

Passed 70-272!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    mamono wrote:
    70-621 covers material from both 70-620 and 70-622. If you've taken 70-290, the material isn't that much different from 70-290, IMHO. Since most of the questions are situational based, I think you would be fine if you read over the 70-622 chapter summaries and then reviewed sections that you are not familiar with.

Awesome. But I've scheduled for 620 not 621. You think if I call prometric tomorrow they can change it without changing the date?
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Possible, 70-620 and 70-621 are 1 digit apart, could claim that you registered for the wrong one by accident. It doesn't take a lot for the test center's staff to change the scheduled test and download the correct one. Just takes about 15 minutes. You might be able to, but I think that normally they require 24 hours advanced notice. Hope it works out for ya.
  • Options
    Haha check this out. Cancelled my exam online. When I first scheduled it which was for the wrong exam, Dec. 1st only had 1 opening.

When I went to reschedule for 620 same date, there are now 6 openings. 621 is scheduled. Heading to Barnes and Noble to pick up the 622 book. Confirmed that it's in stock.

I tried calling ProMetric but they were closed, but all is solved.
  • Options
    Awesome, best of luck! :)
  • Options
    mamono wrote:
    Awesome, best of luck! :)

Thanks going to cram 622 today.
  • Options
    Well just got the 622 book. Thing is pretty slim actually. I probably could of got away without reviewing it but oh well.
  • Options
    So did anyone find 621 compose of mostly 620 material or 622?
  • Options
    I would say it is an almost even split from what I experienced, some others have noted here on the forums that it is more like a 60/40 split. It all depends on the questions that are pulled for your exam that morning I suppose. Not too much info available to really say, but that is what people's impressions of the exam have been. Just know the material well, you'll do fine. I didn't think it was that difficult of an exam. If you can pass the MCDST and know the differences and nuances of Vista, then you can pass this exam IMHO. Study up, and good luck.
  • Options
    mamono wrote:
    I would say it is an almost even split from what I experienced, some others have noted here on the forums that it is more like a 60/40 split. It all depends on the questions that are pulled for your exam that morning I suppose. Not too much info available to really say, but that is what people's impressions of the exam have been. Just know the material well, you'll do fine. I didn't think it was that difficult of an exam. If you can pass the MCDST and know the differences and nuances of Vista, then you can pass this exam IMHO. Study up, and good luck.

Thanks, oh and I rescheduled it to Wednesday. Was too fried last night to even open the 622 book. I'm basically done with 621. I now got to the boring part reading about Windows Vista Contacts. I skipped a few parts such as Windows Mail.
  • Options
    jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    Well, I kind of did I guess more work than what others would have done upgrading their MCDST. I decided to take 1 course at a time even if it means paying $125 (w/o discount). Took 620 today and failed. Received a 683. I underestimated the exam. Should of reviewed on Windows LiveMeeting and Windows Calendar.

Living with my parents along with 2 sisters makes it hard to study. Only at night between 10PM-2AM is my time slot (when everyone is asleep). Daytime is impossible due to distractions, and I like to study from my home, especially having 2 monitors helps me.

Need to review on:
    LiveMeeting
    Calendars
    Defender settings
    IE Settings for pop-up blocker and Active-X
    and a few on Upgrading to vista. Could not remember was it the File and Settings transfer wizard thats use to migrate XP to Vista, or is it the Windows Easy Transfer?

I will get it next time. Re-taking it on Satuday via Second Shot offer. =)

Had 5 simulations. Was kind of surprised, but I'm sure I nailed them all. Were pretty straight forward.

Oh and I experienced my first time with the test computer crashing. Had to move once. Good news is I went to a differnet test center rather than the one I normally go to, and the results were instant. The other one had a 10 minute wait.
  • Options
    Yes, second shot is awesome, I wish it were there forever! :) When I took my Cisco exams, I used Second Chance. I was so happy with the pass on the 2nd time around. :D