Options

I have my exam tomorrow - UPDATE - PASSED!

dviddvid Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all, first post!

I have my exam tomorrow morning, having read, re-read and made notes on the Sybex study guide and doing all the practise tests / end of chapter tests I am finding that other online tests, like the tests on this site are definately harder! I am now slightly nervous that I'm not prepared for the exam!

I have done lots of other practise tests online and I am hovering around 70%, feeling very nervous!

A lot of the questions on the practice tests here offer lots more than 4 options, is this what I can expect in the real thing? Most of the questions in the book I bought only offered 4 options

Starting to wonder if I have used a duff study guide from the start.... I have been studying for about 3 months and been working in 1st line support for 2 years

Any advice or recommendations would be gratefully received

Dave

Comments

• Options
    amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    Welcome to the forums!

Since you're taking it tomorrow, only advice I have is get a good night's sleep, go there confident, and don't hurry through the test as you get plenty of time to do it at a comfortable pace. Also, use MS Second Shot voucher so you don't have to worry about failing it.

Best of luck, keep us posted on how it went.
  • Options
    Thanks will do, I am hoping I have done enough, too late to change now.

Interested to hear peoples views on the White Sybex books as a good study guide
  • Options
    Also, with the multiple answer questions..... Do you only get points for getting all possible answers, or would I still score some points for getting 2/3 etc... :)
  • Options
    dvid wrote:
    Also, with the multiple answer questions..... Do you only get points for getting all possible answers, or would I still score some points for getting 2/3 etc... :)

Hmm, I honestly don't know. I don't think they state that anywhere or even want it to be known. All I know is there's no penalty for answering wrong so no reason to leave any question unanswered.

If I were to wager a guess, I'd go for no partial credit, though. Otherwise if you're not sure on those problems you could just select them all, and they'd have to give you negative credit on the wrong choices to counterbalance the positive credit for the parts you got right. As that would imply some system of negative credit, which they don't do for the overall test, I don't think it's the case.
  • Options
    Passed this morning with a 715, a pass is a pass eh! Worked really hard and it was only over the last few days that I became really nervous as I unearthed practice tests that contained questions I knew nothing about!

In the end the exam was ok, nothing too alien at all and some really easy questions, also, 1 of the questions (I am 99.99% sure) was exactly the same as one of the practice questions on this site.... Right down to the names of people in the question and the possible answers! The practice test on here helped a lot in terms of the style of the questions

Thanks all! :D
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well Done!

What's next?
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_cool.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Next is the next exam for MCSA, not sure on the number as yet! The book is at work
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'd imagine it would be 70-290
  • Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Dave! :)
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Options
    Thanks all, 290 is next, which should be interesting, looks like the subject isn't so broad, but I have no hands on experience, hoping it will be simpler than 270, there was so much to learn for that knowing that you ould be asked about anything

I got no questions about regional options etc today, but I did get asked about bluetooth associations! :D
  • Options
    Congrats on the pass!!

And good luck with studying for 290. I'll be taking that one in two days.